dVH/RALH pain 3mon. postop vaginal cuff cellulitis | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pain 3mon. postop vaginal cuff cellulitis pain 3mon. postop vaginal cuff cellulitis

Unread 08-13-2013, 02:52 AM
pain 3mon. postop vaginal cuff cellulitis

I am hoping someone out there can give me some insight.
Right now I am exactly 3months post op from a hysterectomy with additional repairs...falling bladder, pernial cyst removal, cystolies , rectolies (omg sorry for the spelling)
After I fist had the surgery everything was pretty text book at about 4-5 weeks I was starting to feel pretty good. That lasted for about a week. I had pain set in that I had not felt before(even before surgery) I can describe it as a deep ache with stabbing pain behind what is now the end of my vagina. I was in and out of the dr office trying to figure things out.(as well as the er) I finally ended up seeing one of my docs associates ans she told me I have vaginal cuff cellulits / infection So I have been on anti biotic for over a week now ans have been sent in to get the via iv and had the Rx changed once to a more powerful one. I have not had a fever above 99.9 but my body is so sore like when you get the flu. I have been on and off pain meds this whole time and the docs do not want to keep giving them to me which I understand but here I am in a great deal of pain unable to sleep at 4 am anyone else having any problems with pain this far out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2013, 04:08 PM
Re: pain 3mon. postop vaginal cuff cellulitis

I am sorry you are having this problem and pain, as it sounds very uncomfortable to handle. Infections may take some time to heal.

You might do a Search here on the site and put in vaginal cuff cellulitis and see what threads come up on it. I have seen this on the boards before.

Hopefully, someone will come along who has experienced this and will share with you .

Sending prayers for complete healing and comfort your way.

:

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register