New Dates for Surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New Dates for Surgery New Dates for Surgery

Unread 06-23-2004, 02:01 PM
New Dates for Surgery

I only have to wait another 3 to 4 weeks for surgery! This is after they cancelled tomorrow due to a cold....A cold I caught from inconsiderate co workers.

I have lost my positive attitude and the thought that the cancer is growing inside for another 3 weeks. besides the pain i will have to endure for another 3 weeks.

I had the pre op testing, 2 weeks ago so I need to do it all again.....Blood work, chest xrays, urine, the whole works. And on top of all this I have to work with the creeps that gave me the cold for another 2 weeks. I have decided to take a week off to prepare and not catch anything else from them

I am usuing my entire 12 weekd disability now......See how ugly I am, that would never be me

THanks for listening to the angry rantings of a women in pain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2004, 02:50 PM
New Dates for Surgery

Sorry you had to be cancelled, but it's good that it could be rescheduled so fast. Even though you aren't going to be working and taking the chance to get another cold, remember, the best way to prevent a cold is by washing your hands frequently and not touching your nose or eyes as that is how the cold germs get into your system.

Also, please update your profile with your new date.

Best wishes.
Unread 06-23-2004, 04:17 PM
awaiting surgery also...

Hi, Loraine...

I sympathize with you, as my surgery was scheduled for tomorrow also, but was cancelled. Mine is now set for Aug. 3rd. The reason mine was cancelled is nowhere near yours but I feel very upset about it. I am right here with you. It really can get a person down. Try not to dwell on it too much, it doesn't help anything... and actually it may make your pain worse. All I can think about is, what if right before my next surgery date, it gets cancelled again?!?!?!?! Oh, my, that would be terrible. But I have my head high and am praying and hoping for the best, for BOTH of us!!!

Best wishes!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register