Emotional Mess | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Emotional Mess Emotional Mess

Unread 11-09-2009, 12:13 PM
Emotional Mess

Well, my surgery was a little over 3 weeks ago, a hysterectomy, but kept my ovaries, and I'm becoming an emotional mess. I didn't see this coming. What am I supposed to do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2009, 12:38 PM
Re: Emotional Mess

I feel for you, in fact I kept my ovaries too and two weeks after my surgery I was crying for hours at a time and having panic attacks to boot. Could be your ovaries are shocked and your estrogen has dropped because of it. You should definitely talk to your doctor about it and see if they can help you out.
I was so emotionally unprepared for after my surgery. I figured I kept my ovaries and I would be ok..................couldn't have been more wrong. Its a huge shock physically and emotionally. You can pm me if you need someone to talk to!
Unread 11-09-2009, 02:51 PM

I right there with you hun, my doc said he isnt one bit surprised that I am like this cause it took me so long to actually decide to go through with the hysterectomy. I too kep my ovaries and my cervix and now I cry at the drop of a hat. (literally I have cried cause I dropped a hat, cause that ment I had to bend down to get it and my tummy still hurts)
I keep telling myself that it will get better even though there are times that I dont believe it I keep saying it.
If ya need someone else to chat to please feel free to call on me too thats what we are here for, EACH OTHER
I love this site

Uterus free and lovin it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2009, 03:03 PM

no joke! Id like to get off this roller coaster!
Unread 11-09-2009, 04:13 PM

Thanks you guys! You've got me crying, no joke.
Unread 11-09-2009, 06:48 PM

Are you sleeping Changen??? That's what turned me into an emotional train wreck, the insomnia kicked in and oh my what a mess.

Thankfully my ovaries didn't go into shock, if that is what's going on it WILL pass!!! Though sorry to say the timeline is different for everyone. Hang in there and post as much as you need too. Just remember this isn't how it will always be recovery takes time, one day soon you'll say WOW I feel GREAT.
Unread 11-09-2009, 07:35 PM

I am right there too. I'm post op 4 weeks of an abdominal hsyterectomy, I had everything removed but my left ovary. I just can't seem to stop crying. I can be watching t.v. and start crying b/c their was a baby.
Unread 11-09-2009, 07:56 PM

Hello Changen....It took my ovaries 3 months to wake up after surgery...between the surgery and all the adjusting our bodies have to go through....it's no wonder why we go through the emotional rollercoaster. Have you talked with your doctor? Maybe he/she can give you something to help.
Good luck to yea!!!
Unread 11-09-2009, 09:05 PM

Hi Lady63, I am sleeping, but only for 5 hours at a time. Thank you for the encouragement.
Unread 11-09-2009, 09:14 PM

I had no idea this was going to happen. Then, yesterday, my hubby said he couldn't wait until I was past the emotional extremes part of hysterectomies. I got mad, then cried. Then, this morning he told me he'd read about this happening. I am trying not to be embarrassed or to feel worse. I was truly looking forward to being pain free and happier. I just hope I don't fall apart in class. The sleeping thing is part of this too? 5 hrs a night is probably taking it's toll.
The upside is that I have more energy than I've had for the last year, and I'm almost pain free. Thank you all for talking to me. I am grateful you all are here.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register