LSHers...spotting anyone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LSHers...spotting anyone? LSHers...spotting anyone?

Unread 07-07-2005, 01:43 PM
LSHers...spotting anyone?

I am wondering if I am the only one out there who still has a cervix? I had LSH 3 weeks ago today. Been feeling pretty well overall--swelly belly, fatigue, are minor irritations. My big question is what is the norm for post op spotting and bleeding. I have been spotting off and on since surgery. However, this morning it's more like a light period in color. Is this normal? Can it be a result of overdoing it?

I went back to the gym on Tues (30 minutes on the eliptical). It felt great, but pain returned by evening, so I laid off. I had to take my DD to LAX yesterday for a Europe trip. My DH dorve, but could all this activity contribute to bleeding? I have a call in to the DR but haven't heard back.

Overall, I am doing so well, but the threat of "mini periods" has me somewhat depressed.

Any advice, suggestions....?

Chadley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2005, 06:12 PM

Chadley...I also had a LSH...Didn't experience any kind of spotting or bleeding...I would def. call your dr. and find out from them...All of us are different...I am concerned about you working out so soon...Did you get approval from the dr. before doing that???
Unread 07-07-2005, 06:49 PM

I had bleeding one week after surgery. I did call my gyn and he said it could be normal after the cauterization of the cervix. it did subside but this past weekend I did have some more bleeding for a day along with uti so Im not sure what thats all about. I see my gyn on tuesday for a internal and Im going to ask.. I also started walking on the treadmill on week two and running on week 3 along with sex about 2 1/2 weeks after surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2005, 07:59 PM

Hi Chadley,

I also had a LSH. I have read on Hyster Sisters that LSH ladies can spot up to 6 weeks after surgery.

Did you have your cervix cauterized?? I had my cervix cauterized during my hyst. I had normal post-op spotting and then I did not have a mini-period. A smalll % of ladies who keep their cervix and one or both ovaries can have a mini-period.

I got a greenlight for the gym at 4 weeks and to be honest, I experienced over doing it also. I went back to the gym at 6 weeks and it was A-okay!!

Best wishes,

Mary
Unread 07-07-2005, 09:40 PM

Thanks for the advice. I did have cauterization so hopefully, the spotting will fade away gradually. I rested a lot today, and plan another trip to the gym tomorrow. I love the eliptical trainer because there is no impact or jarring. If all goes well, maybe I can at least get some exercise in each week. I think I tend to overdo it more at home...it's soooo hard to be good when you feel fine.

My DR called back this afternoon and just reminded me that the healing was going on out of sight for now, so I just need to take it easy whether I feel good or not--easier said then done!

Thanks again for your words of wisdom

Chadley
Unread 07-07-2005, 09:44 PM

Thanks for the advice. I did get the okay for the "eliptial trainer only" at the gym. I was taking short walks around the neighborhood and found that there was too much belly impact--swelly belly always followed. So I am able to make limited use of the gym--no more than 30 minutes at an easy pace. It does feel good to move though.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register