What should I bring to the castle? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What should I bring to the castle? What should I bring to the castle?

Unread 09-29-2002, 06:18 AM
What should I bring to the castle?

Hi,
I am new to this site, a friend referred me here, it has been very helpful & supportive. I will be crowned Oct. 1st, which happens to be my 38 birthday. I think of it as a great birthday present.
I am not sure what to pack to bring to the castle. Any suggestions will be most helpful.

Thanks for being here for me..............

Traci
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-29-2002, 06:48 AM
Hystersister checklist

Hi Firefly!

I'm just another newbie, but I did a bit of searching and found:

https://www.hystersisters.com/list.php

It's in the Ladies-In-Waiting pull down menu on the home page (scroll way down to find it).

I printed it out and am using it as my own "princess how-to" list!

I've found soooo much helpful stuff, AND I feel so much better about my upcoming trip to the castle.

Cheers - Denise
Unread 09-29-2002, 06:56 AM

Traci,
Welcome to Hyster Sisters, Like Denise said , the pull downs are on the home page and very informative. I found this site after my hyst so you are way ahead of me. Enjoy! Karlene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-29-2002, 07:47 AM
what to bring to the castle

Hi Traci

Here's what I brought to the castle.

Housecoat
Slippers
Lotion for my face
Lip Balm
Hair brush
toothpaste
toothbrush
hair dryer
(my hair looks worse than bedhead if I don't blowdry it and I was able to dry my hair no problem. I just sat on the edge of the bed and used the mirror that was in the sliding table tray in the hospital room)

Goodies for the nurses with a thankyou card with it(optional)
I filled a whicker basket full of chocolates and caramels as well as mini pouches of those sweedish berries.

I wore the hospital gown during my entire stay. I figured I would leave all my PJ's at home and keep them nice, clean and fresh for my recovery.

My husband came everyday around 9 am and stayed all day with me so I had him bring me a frozen 1 litre bottle of water everyday. (I would freeze a 1 litre bottle of water about 1/2 to 3/4 full and then just top it off with water from the britta.) The water would stay nice and cold for approx 5 hours and I found it better than drinking water from the taps at the hospital.

I also had my husband bring some magazines for me to read (People, US).

That is everything that I can remember.
Hope you have a Happy Birthday and an even happier recovery.
Just remember to rest and drink plenty of water and walk to help with the gas pains. I am 2 1/2 weeks post-op and I feel really good but have to keep reminding myself not to overdo.

Hope this helps.

Karen
Unread 09-29-2002, 08:55 AM

Thank you all for responding so quickly, I am pretty stressed right now, but I seem to have everything packed that I will need.

Traci
Unread 09-29-2002, 11:03 AM

Traci, happy early birthday!

The pull down menu that you've been referred to is a great resource. I used that for my guide then customized it to meet my own needs. Basically I packed light, and used everything I brought except for a pair of socks (my feet were warm without them.)

I packed a toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floss, travel sized shampoo and conditioner, robe, slippers, night shirt, several pairs of oversized granny undies, a pair of socks, hand lotion, lip balm, and some magazines. I'm a contact lens wearer but left them at home and wore glasses during my four days in the castle. It was just easier that way.

Best of luck to you
Unread 09-29-2002, 11:52 AM
Hi Traci

Hi Traci,

So many good suggestions from the ladies before me... I'd just like to add one thing... EAR PLUGS or a portable CD player! If you have earplugs or music with earphones, you can drown out the noises of roommates and noisy nurses... my ear plugs helped a lot.

My very best to you, Traci. You will do great! And will soon be on the other side of this... and when you come home, we're here for you!

Take good care, Gracie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register