Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 30-Feb 05,2012 - Page 136 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 30-Feb 05,2012 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 30-Feb 05,2012

Unread 02-25-2012, 11:13 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 30-Feb 05,2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miel View Post

I think I am recovering very well and am grateful to my surgeon and I am grateful for the medical care I received. Still, I want to understand why I had to have everything taken out. I guess I feel a loss of power or control and I also am grieving the loss of my appendix, ovaries, tubes, uterus and cervix. I wasn't prepared to lose these parts of me due to endometriosis and ovarian abcesses.

Feeling kinda blue.
Some depression is completely normal. You have just had all of your reproductive organs removed. That is a lot of trauma on the body and mind.

Please though if the depression seems to worsen or you have thoughts of hurting yourself or someone else call the doctor.

You have a ton of sisters here who really do care. If you need to talk, just let me know.

This article might help:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/article_309471.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflygurl View Post
Went to my Primary care Doctor with concerns yesterday and was in tears when he said he didn't have time. He told me:
1. I was too young to have had the surgery
2. the surgeon will have to address all my concerns
3. the findings were in fact malignant and he said good luck.

I felt at a loss and asked if he would change my medication for the insomnia I have had since surgery and he said that no women get insomnia. Then when I asked him on the results of the current status of my infection he laughed and said well you still have it. He refused to clean the infected areas up and told me to go home and clean them. I also told him I'm having a hard time with bm and was told there is no way possible. When in fact its possible since my bad ovary that was taken out and the tube on that same side were attached to my bowel with scare tissue. So surgeon said it would happen. I feel at a loss.
I also mentioned to PCM that I am tired easily and understand that I'm healing and dealing with the infection still. But just feel out of it. He told me to go hit the gym and work out to get energy. I was baffled. I asked are you sure because the surgeon has not released me to even drive. So I was just in shock. This is frustrating.
I'm with the rest of the sisters that have responded to this post...ditch that idiot doctor immediately!!! I'm so sorry he treated you like that!!!

To help me get regular I add a tablespoon or so of Flax Seed on my morning breakfast (oatmeal, cereal, yogurt...) and it's worked like a charm. I got a huge bag at Costco it's called Organic Golden Flax (it's ground and to me doesn't really have a flavor other then adding a little nuttiness to your meal).

Hang in there!!! :-)
Unread 02-25-2012, 11:18 AM

Ok ladies, I haven't been out, out since surgery (except dr's appointment, and riding to the store). The Houston Symphony is performing Earth Wind & Fire music on March 8 & it's rodeo time here. I feel pretty good except for cramping here & there. My next appointment is on March 8th and the tickets are selling FAST. Im so confused. HELP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2012, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neecie40 View Post
Ok Sisters... I got a question....
I am going to a softball tournement tomorrow. Leaving the house at 6AM, getting to fields at 7:30AM. I have prepared myself with what I am hoping is enough stuff: snacks, lunch money, drinks, pain meds (a driver), a comfortable chair, blankets, unmbrella, sun screen, chap stick.. etc....

My question is...WHY am I soooooo nervous????? I have gone to a million tournements, for many many years. AND I ALWAYS HAVE A GREAT TIME. I look forward to them.

Maybe I am worried about the weather. we have like 20% CHANCE of rain/snow. Which it might get cold. I dont do well in cold. It actually hurts my skin, Fibromyalgia. GRRRRRRRRR

IS anyone else getting nervous on the first BIG outings????
I also have Fibromyalgia so I know pain just like yours. I haven't had a really big outing myself yet. I went to a superbowl party but that was just at my in-law's house so I didn't get too active and honestly fell asleep in the chair. I don't think I am ready for a big outing yet. Both physically and mentally I am still needing to be home. Good for you! Get out there and have some fun but take it easy so that you don't overdo it and end up hurting.
Unread 02-25-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflygurl View Post
Went to my Primary care Doctor with concerns yesterday and was in tears when he said he didn't have time. He told me:
1. I was too young to have had the surgery
2. the surgeon will have to address all my concerns
3. the findings were in fact malignant and he said good luck.

I felt at a loss and asked if he would change my medication for the insomnia I have had since surgery and he said that no women get insomnia. Then when I asked him on the results of the current status of my infection he laughed and said well you still have it. He refused to clean the infected areas up and told me to go home and clean them. I also told him I'm having a hard time with bm and was told there is no way possible. When in fact its possible since my bad ovary that was taken out and the tube on that same side were attached to my bowel with scare tissue. So surgeon said it would happen. I feel at a loss.
I also mentioned to PCM that I am tired easily and understand that I'm healing and dealing with the infection still. But just feel out of it. He told me to go hit the gym and work out to get energy. I was baffled. I asked are you sure because the surgeon has not released me to even drive. So I was just in shock. This is frustrating.
Hon, I think you really need to find a more compassionate PC doc. He also doesn't sound very professional. Hit the gym? Does he want you to die? What a nut. I would switch PCPs as soon as possible. I am sure there is someone in your area who would be better than him. Also, you can report him if you feel you need to.. Hospitals and medical boards will inform him of the complaint and sometimes hospitals won't work with a doc like that. Keep your head up.

You DO have justifiable reasons to be worried and he sounds like he is saying "oh well".

Please also call your surgeon about this.
Unread 02-25-2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberaat View Post
Hello Sisters,

I need some advice. Yesterday I got a call from the DR letting me know that I had a bladder infection and they called in meds. I only went to the book store and went to lunch with a friend that drove. As the day went on I started hurting worse and worse until I was in tears around 8pm. I have nothing but extra strength Tylenol and the pain is still as strong. I am back to being hunched over and unable to stand up straight, walking causes a throbbing. Could this just be bladder spasms or something from the infection? Should I go to the ER or try to stick it out?

Thank you all for your help.
Please call your doc if the pain persists. Sounds to me like you just overdid it but if you don't feel better by Monday please call him. Here is an article about overdoing it.

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/article_309481.htm
Unread 02-25-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven1964 View Post
I have a question for you ladies. Does anyone have a problem concentrating or not remembering what someone has told you? I feel like such an airhead since I've had the surgery.

You might be Anemic. I would call your doc to get a blood test. Anemia can cause a foggy head.
Unread 02-25-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxdiva07 View Post
Ok ladies, I haven't been out, out since surgery (except dr's appointment, and riding to the store). The Houston Symphony is performing Earth Wind & Fire music on March 8 & it's rodeo time here. I feel pretty good except for cramping here & there. My next appointment is on March 8th and the tickets are selling FAST. Im so confused. HELP!

Well, this is a tough decision for you I am sure. Since you will be sitting pretty much all of the time, you should be good to go by then. On the other hand... you might want to wait a couple of days hoping they don't sell out so that you can see how you feel.

Even though you will be sitting, I am sure you will be bumping into people when getting to your seat and probably have to do some walking. Just see how you feel.
Unread 02-25-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elotta View Post
Raven, I've been a space cadet as well since surgery also cold all the time. I can't wait until I go back to work on Wednesday, that ought to be fun.
I've been cold all the time, too! I asked the doctor about it and she said all my energy is going to healing my body and that could be why.
Unread 02-25-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasialynn View Post
You might be Anemic. I would call your doc to get a blood test. Anemia can cause a foggy head.
No, she already already checked all that and it was normal. I think it might just be when I get myself run down. I seem to be fine in the morning after I wake up but by lunchtime I turn into an airhead.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register