How long did you wait before resuming sex? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How long did you wait before resuming sex? How long did you wait before resuming sex?

Unread 11-08-2009, 06:45 PM
Re: How long did you wait before resuming sex?

I was cleared at 6 weeks and took it slow and we did enjoy it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2009, 07:32 PM
Re: "Trauma in that area".... please help...

It will take as long as it takes YOUR body to heal. No one can tell you an exact time or day. I had a LAVH with my cervix removed as well., coming up on 7 weeks and I have not been released for sex or given permission to insert anything into my vagina. I am married and my hubby is very supportive. When I get in the mood or anxious, he carresses my body and does other things to please me. NO means no when it comes to our bodies. The vaginal cuff has to completely close up before anything can take place. It appears that it could take much longer than 6 weeks. So., relax and let the internal healing take place.
Unread 11-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Re: "Trauma in that area".... please help...

Quote:
I've read many posts in this regard in different areas of this website. With a LAVH, can someone elaborate a little more on the trauma inside? Especially since I just had my first post-op appointment on Nov. 3rd and the doctor told me that I had not "healed enough internally" for him to release me yet.
There are articles in the pre-op section that might be worth checking out. I could have sworn I saw something more descriptive, but maybe that was during a web search that I did pre-op. Anyway, check this one out, its about the different types of surgeries:
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/article_152317.htm
As far as outercouse goes, I'd check with your doctor before doing anything. Arousal causes increased blood flow to that area and that might not be a good thing yet. Then again, it might be ok. If your embarrased about asking, trust me, your DR has heard everything! {especially if he/she has done many hysterectomies, because it seems that crazy strong libidos after surgery is fairly normal.}
We all heal at different rates, so what's normal for one may not be normal for you. Follow your doctors orders and your body will heal at its own rate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2009, 10:31 AM

kjluster and ditzydoodle,
Thanks so much for your advice and thoughtfulness!
Unread 11-09-2009, 05:23 PM

I had my TVH on Aug. 11th. Originally the dr said I could resume sex at 6wks. She changed her mind at my 6wk post-op and wanted me to wait a couple of more weeks. I begged her to reconsider because me and my husband were going on a cruise and she was aware of this when we scheduled my surgery. She gave in and told me what signs to look for and make sure my husband was extra careful. I noticed on the cruise that things were different but everything went great. I recommend a cruise to take it slow and easy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register