Scheduled TVH Where did these nerves come from? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Where did these nerves come from? Where did these nerves come from?

Unread 01-24-2010, 06:17 PM
Where did these nerves come from?

Well my surgery is this Friday and all of the sudden I am stressed out and an emotianal basket case! I am not upset that I am having the surgery...I do not feel like I will be less of a woman than I am right now and feel no attachment to my uterous and cervix at all. They have served me well through 3 children and now it is time to just say good bye!

I am worried that I am not going to get everything done that I need to in time. I still have so much to do this week and I have been doing a little each day so that this wouldn't happen and it happened anyway!! UGH! My pre-op appointment is not until Thursday and although I trust my doctor completely I still feel a little nervous about just exactly what all he is going to be doing and how long I will be laid up!

I do not know how to pamper myself.....I push myself in everything I do, so I am stressed now that I think I should be back to normal soon and whether I feel like it or not, start "faking it until I make it!!" which will hurt me more in the long run!!!

I am crying at commercials, things people say to me, jokes and emails!! All of the sudden I AM A TRAIN WRECK!!!!

HELP!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2010, 06:22 PM
Re: Where did these nerves come from?

I AM SOOOOOOO THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mine is scheduled for the 27th and I'm kvetching that I won't have everything done before the (evil voice) BOWEL CLEANSE...

I have a wonderful husband, an amazingly caring 11 year old daughter and I know in my hear they'll help, but arrrrgh!!!!

I was well adjusted until about 3 days ago when I realized just how down and out I will be for the ? weeks following my LSH...I'm so there with you sister!!

In the end, our problems will have been fixed by our queen or king and we will be the princess we deserve to be...
Unread 01-24-2010, 06:24 PM

And by the way, what is it with the jokes and everyone with their ******* opinions?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2010, 06:37 PM

I'm with you too!! I THINK I have just about everything ready for my 2-10-10 TVH- but yesterday I got so emotional and cried most of the afternoon--WHY?? We even went out last night and while waiting to eat with friends I started crying?? Is Mother Nature just being mean to us these last few days since she knows she doesn't get to visit us anymore??? (lol)
Unread 01-24-2010, 07:09 PM

Wow, you are not alone! I have so much to do and today felt completely unreasonable and unable to even accomplish the smallest of tasks. On the verge of tears too soon. I can't wait until Wednesday when the whole day will be spent on a pretty-much empty stomach (surgery is Thurs). Look out...
Unread 01-24-2010, 07:37 PM

That's another thing.....my pre-op appt isn't until Thursday.....nothing has been mentioned about changing my diet (some do liquid only for 24 hours, enemas, etc!!?)....I am not sure I am going to have to do anything and that is freaking me out too! My appt. is at 11:30, and surgery is Friday at 7:30 am..so much for a 2 hr liquid diet! Sooooo, I don't know what to expect there either! UGH..just another thing to worry about!
Unread 01-24-2010, 08:26 PM

Suzanne -

All I can recommend is taking some very, very deep breaths.

Second thing is start putting you first. No because pushing yourself could lead to greater complications. Not easy to do but your body will let you know it wants you to slow down!

Since your Dr. and hospital scheduled your pre-op for the day before they have done this before with other surgeries and know that you'll have time to fit in "whatever is necessary". However to put your mind at rest, call them and ask. Tell them you've heard about different processes and just want to know what theirs is ahead of time.

I'll be looking for you this week's recovery thread once you are able to get back on line after your operation.

G.
Unread 01-24-2010, 08:30 PM

I want to wish all of you the best of luck. I can tell you that I am 12 days post op and went through most of the same feelings you are all going through. I worked my tail off to get everything done I thought I "had" to get done. I finally got to the point where I realized I couldn't do it all and would have to settle for what was most important. I figured I am limited for 6 weeks of not being able to do so many things that I may as well start practicing by doing only what was most important. I have had several surgeries, but was nervous for this even though I was way more than ready to be done with it. My surgery had been scheduled since July, but come the first of January I started with the nerves. I now think it is normal. For those wanting to do more than they should post surgery, please take it from me that your body is healing. I felt so good I couldn't believe I had surgery; however, yesterday I went to DS speech contest and my body is telling me I definitely over did it. My DH drove, but I had some other things I needed/wanted to do. Today my body is yelling back at me, so I will behave myself. I don't care to end up back in surgery. As for the prep ahead of time, I did not have to go on any type of diet (I actually ate a full meal for supper the night before and my surgery was scheduled for 7:45 am). The only things my doctor required were no eating or drinking after midnight, a betadine douche, and an enema (which they gave me at my preop work-up to do the night before surgery). The enema didn't work all that well and I was concerned about it, but when I got to the hospital for surgery, my nurse told me not to worry because they'd give me another one once I was asleep (nice thought, but at least I didn't have to do a lot of prep which was very nice). If you're concerned about what you need to do preop, give your doctor a call to relieve that part of your anxiety. I'm sure they'll be happy to let you know. Good luck to all of you. Wishing you successful and quick recoveries. See you on the other side.

D&C w/ ex lap 2001
Unread 01-25-2010, 09:03 AM

Thank you for asking this question. I've been quite nervous that my pre-op appointment was just 4 days before my surgery on Feb 8. It's kind of a relief to know that it is not unusual.
Unread 01-25-2010, 10:23 AM

Suzanne my LVAH is this Thursday, and yes I am nervous, anxious and crying at commercials, everything! As my Uncle put it, I am shaking in my boots!!!
We will get through this and just think this weekend will be posting out post-op stories!!! Good Luck!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register