Husband has been warned... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Husband has been warned... Husband has been warned...

Unread 01-29-2012, 04:33 PM
Husband has been warned...

Though I felt the pain, and am still tender, the reality hasn't fully sank in. I told hubby last night that he needs to be prepared for me to be emotional next month. I should "start" on the 14th so when AF doesn't come, reality might sink in and I could get a little emotional. I know I haven't had a use for my uterus (infertile due to other reasons), but still it is what made me a woman so that in itself is emotional. Luckily, hubby has a coworker that had this surgery done and she told him that not only is the physical aspect of the surgery hard, the emotional and mental aspect can be very draining.

We do plan to spend the day together since we usually go shopping around V-Day, just something we started a few years ago.

So hugs and love to those of us who might be in denial and will have to face reality soon. And thanks to those who have faced it and are ready to lend a shoulder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2012, 06:17 PM
Re: Husband has been warned...

A hysterectomy can be very difficult to deal with. I'm still working on it one day at a time, and I'm 7 months post. We need to work through these feelings in our own way, in our own time. I really miss my period, my birth control pills, and all those things that go along with being a woman.
Unread 01-29-2012, 06:31 PM

I am 7 weeks post daVinci--kept ovaries and cervix. I am sorry you are sad. The last two days I've been PMSy and sore boobs and mean to my hubby and kids and just realized I should have AF. But I don't!!! Instead I spent the night with romance and amazing sex. To me this is the best PMS relief ever! I feel like a woman without the pain and mess my period brought. I was done havin kids... This is freeing for us. No surprise bleeding or misery. I feel more womanly than ever... I hope you feel better...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2012, 07:19 PM

Thanks!

Overall, I am ok but then again I am not certain how I will feel the first month afterwards.

I have said for years now that if I had no use for my uterus then why must I suffer through AF. I guess I got my wish. I won't miss AF at all...hated it.

And I might be fine next month, but I wanted to warn him ahead of time.

Kid Mentioned:

We are truly blessed to have our daughter. God sent her to us when we had given up on becoming parents. If we so chose to have more kids, then we will adopt again.
Unread 01-29-2012, 11:56 PM

what is AF? Just wondering?
Unread 01-30-2012, 06:34 AM

Sorry AF is aunt flow or your period. It is a term we used alot while trying to conceive years ago.
Unread 01-30-2012, 07:09 AM

I know everyone on here is going through things differently. Tomorrow, I'm at 4 weeks, and my hormones are way wacky right now. But, I have not wavered on my happiness about getting my diseased parts out. I was so excited when I had my last period in December. Didn't even mind the cramps because I knew it was the last time. I believe that once I recover from surgery, I will feel sexier and more womanly than before. I hope you feel better about it soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register