Vaginal Hysterectomy with complications | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal Hysterectomy with complications Vaginal Hysterectomy with complications

Unread 10-13-2015, 09:03 PM
Vaginal Hysterectomy with complications

I'm 31 years old and had a vaginal Hysterectomy on Sept 8 2015 due to fybroids and heavy periods and pelvic pain.
My uterus was 600grams and during surgery I apparently bled more than most people.
I spend two days in hospital afterwards, with severe pain.
6 days after being home I was rushed by ambulance to a different hospital than my surgery, with fever, trouble breathing and severe pain.
I ended up with a 9cm hematoma and ecoli infection, which had to be drained, and iv antibiotics. I spent 12 days in hospital before being discharged with antibiotics at home for 2 weeks.
I'm finding I'm still in quite a bit of pain...not like before tho.
But mostly if I don't go pee right away and get a bowel movement out when I feel it.
But walking alot or sitting for long periods of time I end up in alot of pain and need my morphene.. Is this normal??? When will I be back to normal??
Follow up is in 2 weeks..
I really don't want to go back to the Hospital.
It sometimes feel like the pain starts at my hips and shoots in my ribs...??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2015, 10:27 PM
Re: Vaginal Hysterectomy with complications

Unfortunately I don't know if that is normal? But considering all you went through I would think that some is expected!
I am in my 4th week and I have JUST stopped having bladder pains, though I do get a bit crampy if I hold it to long or don't notice fast enough (like when sleeping). I STILL have stomach/cramps/whatever??? when I have had a bowel movement. I always have though, so it is hard to tell how much is from the inflammation and how much is from the previous condition. :/

It's hard to focus on the future when all will be well when you have had "non-surgery" side issues. Mine were minor (asthma and thrush), so I am already beginning to feel a bit more like a human than a piece of .... err dirt.

But all you went through? YIKES. As long as everything (the side issues like the infection and hematoma) is taken care of and nothing more happens? You should start seeing improvement soon. Just remember everyone heals at different rates, and take every TINY improvement as a big deal. It helps!

GIANT gentle hugs!

**Probably not a very helpful post! Hope you feel better soon!**

**ETA**
If it does get much worse? I'd say call your doctor. It MIGHT just be normal healing (I had some stabby pains in the beginning), but always better safe than worrying!
Unread 10-14-2015, 11:19 PM
Re: Vaginal Hysterectomy with complications

Hi there! I'm so sorry for what you went through... Although my experience was nothing like yours I did have a complication with internal bleeding and had to go right back into surgery the next day. I lost a lot of blood and was in terrible pain. I'm now 3 weeks out and I'm wanting things to go a little faster as far as recovery. But everyone in the know reminds me that I had two surgeries and my body went through a TRAUMA!
By all accounts you went through a TRAUMA!! Be kind to yourself and remember that you went through so much and it will take quite a while to completely heal. Do whatever you feel you need to do for yourself to heal!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register