Numbness above incision & vaginal cuff infection | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Numbness above incision & vaginal cuff infection Numbness above incision & vaginal cuff infection

Unread 03-06-2005, 08:33 PM
Numbness above incision & vaginal cuff infection

I had a TAH performed on 3/2/05....I have noticed numbness above my incision line on the "swelly belly" part of the skin above the bikini incision..wondering if anyone has experienced this. Also...I have a vaginal cuff infection and am currently taking ciproflaxacin for this..has anyone else ever had a vaginal cuff infection. thank you to all of you for this site...I love it...it has been so helpful and informative for me. I read it every day...I am feeling pretty good overall..having problems with not being able to release gas still and with constipation..but hoping it will get better. Thank you to anyone that can respond to my questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2005, 12:09 AM

Hi there,

It is perfectly normal to have about 1inch numbness above your wound, and some have some numbness below too. I also have numbness below as well as in the groin creases which seems to be getting better. I have heard from friends who have had a Caesar that the numbness in the wound gets better but never goes away completely.

On the day I went home from hospital (day 6 post rad hyst) I develped a high fever and some pelvic pain which presumably was a low grade pelvic infection or ?from vaginal wound. After 12 hours of antibiotics at home the fever settled and I felt generally much better about 24 hours later. Since then I have been fine. I did speak to my doc on the phone when I had the fever, but did not see him/was not examined, so whether I had a vault infection I don't know.

Good luck!
Unread 03-07-2005, 02:21 AM

Hi! Don't feel alone. I had abdominal surgery 3 years ago for ovarian cysts and my scar area (above and below) was/is still numb. To my benefit, it has made it so that I am not so aware of my incision as I was with my previous surgery. But watch out for when you have an itch...you will never reach it thru the numb area...ugh

Jewelz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2005, 05:58 AM

Hi! I am three weeks post op and am JUST now having some feeling in the entire abdominal area. (I had 2 C-sections and never had total feeling near the incision so haven't even worried about the fact that I am still so numb right now.)
I guess my doctor will give me the scoop in a couple of weeks during my post op.
Let me know how things are going and I'll keep you posted too!
fritha
Unread 03-07-2005, 06:36 AM

I had SAH in November and am numb above the insision for about 3 or 4 inches. It I touch it myself it feels like I'm touching it but not touching it, and sometimes when I touch it it has a burning sensation. When I went for my 6 week check up I asked DR about it and he said nerves are cut during the surgery and it takes time for them to find their way back together, sometimes as long as 1 1/2 - 2 years, sometime not at all. And Jewelz was right about that itching and not being able to feel scratching...ugh, ugh! And when I go to water aerobics she will say you should really be able to feel this in your abs but not me. After years of almost nonstop bleeding to me this has been a minor inconvenience and if I never get my feeling back that will be okay.

Cindy
Unread 03-09-2005, 05:51 PM

what kinds of symtoms where you having with vaginal cuff infection ? thanks

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register