Happy Dance...Happy Dance!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Happy Dance...Happy Dance!! Happy Dance...Happy Dance!!

Unread 03-22-2006, 01:59 PM
Happy Dance...Happy Dance!!

Had 4 week post-op today....and Tah Dah!!...back to work on Monday!! Dr stated all is healing wonderfully...other than a pee test as I still feel mega pressure and pain when bladder barely full. Will know about that by Friday. He also said what has been said here many times, that it could take 6-12 months to feel completely "normal" again. As far as intimacy..he says to play it by ear...still have sutures in place and to just take it slow and easy. So....I got the all clear...what a great feeling!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2006, 02:02 PM

Congrats!!! hope you take it slow and recover well. good luck.
Unread 03-22-2006, 02:05 PM

Rottielover!

Good for you! Sounds like you're on the mend. Before long, you won't remember that you had surgery. Welcome back to life!

Mar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2006, 03:49 PM

I also had my 4 week check up. I also got the green light. No restrictions what so ever. But he did say to take things slow.. everything even house cleaning, exercise, sex... ect. He said that our bodies will tell us when we have over done it... As for work... I do not have to go back until April 12th. My job requires us to be 100%. So, my feelings are not hurt in that respect....

Take Care
Danette
Unread 03-22-2006, 08:40 PM

Danette, I agree...I am a nurse and have some apprehension as to my ability to perform my job so soon, however my Doc did say to use my Ibuprofen and rest at home as much as I can. If I have any problems you can bet I will be calling him!! LOL I have been going stir crazy at home....really miss my residents and am looking forward to earning a real paycheck again. I will be working 2 nd shift which can be busy but also has down time so I can periodically put my feet up there as well. Can hardly wait!
Unread 03-23-2006, 05:37 AM

Congratualations. I go for my 4 week next Thursday. Physically I think I am OK. Still get tired and sometimes pressure when I pee. BUT emotionally, I am not ok. I don't know if it is because I am not working or if it has to do with the surgery, or just life? I had a TVH. It seems that from posts I should be fine and ready to go. I am doing things around the house and I have been walking,but I really have to push to get myself moving sometimes. I want the doctor to say go back to work but on the hand I am nervous and scared. My husband keeps saying what if it is 11:00 and you need to rest or start to cry. What are you going to do, tell first graders to occupy themselves for awhile?

I am happy you are going back to work. Take it easy!
Unread 03-23-2006, 05:55 AM

Yes...I too am kinda scared...what if I start to bleed or damage the cuff? I am the only nurse w/2 aides in the building from 4 pm til 11pm . However, one of the nurses lives right around the corner and she said if something does happen to just call her. (thank God!) I have been a little depressed as well, but the doc giving me the all clear has really lifted my spirits! Hope that you feel the same after your post-op!
Unread 03-23-2006, 08:37 AM

Wow,
It sounds like all of us have apprehension about going back to work. I work in a county correctional facility(jail). We have to be ready to fight with inmates at all times. We get drunks or drugged up people at any time and the fight could be on. That is a big concern of mine. The DR assured me that I have healed nicely and that I can't hurt myself. He said I might get sore, but I can't hurt myself. HHHMMM interesting !!

Good Luck Sisters and take care
Danette

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register