Robotic Hysterectomy May 12 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Robotic Hysterectomy May 12 Robotic Hysterectomy May 12

Unread 05-05-2014, 06:05 PM
Robotic Hysterectomy May 12

I am having my surgery May 12 and I am getting nervous, went for pre op today and was given a special wash I have to use for 2 days prior and then that morning. Was also told I would be going home same day. I am getting excited no more pain but husband won't be there. Any advise would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2014, 06:21 PM
Re: Robotic Surgery May 12

I went home same day as surgery (surgery at 7am went home at 1pm). Someone is taking you home right? You will want someone to be there with you that first day home. You will do a lot of sleeping, but that extra help to get up and walk to the bathroom is essential.
I hope you are preparing your "nest".
I had the less invasive surgery as well -- with the 4 little incisions -- but I still hurt like crazy that first week.
Unread 05-05-2014, 06:47 PM
Re: Robotic Surgery May 12

Hi, I had a total DvH and went home the same day. Bring a small pillow, hold it when you go to stand or sit. Put it between you and the seat belt. Don't miss a pain pill the first couple of days, that means set your alarm clock. I agree, you need someone when you come home to help you stand and support you in case you feel dizzy. When you go to stand or sit, blow out like you're blowing thru a straw. I also used a body pillow and was sleeping on my side the first night. I hope this helps. Best wishes for a successful surgery and a smooth recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2014, 09:12 PM
Re: Robotic Hysterectomy May 12

Having things within arms reach really helped. Setting up everything on a nightstand before surgery worked for me. The other thing was keeping things at waist level so no real bending over for awhile.
Stool softeners helped me too with the first BM.

Best wishes to you on May 12th!
Unread 05-06-2014, 02:33 AM

Thank you for your advice. Even though my husband cannot make my son is coming. I will no be alone him and his girlfriend will be with me until my husband can get home from work. (Boss wont let him take off). I am probably over reacting because I wanted my husband there and yesturday he was told he couldnt be.
Unread 05-06-2014, 02:39 AM

Its not a over reaction, I completely understand wanting your husband there. I would probably freak out if I found out my hubby couldn't come. (((Hugs)))
Unread 05-06-2014, 01:24 PM

Oh my gosh you guys went home so soon? Even though mine will be Da Vinci, I have to stay 23 hours. I would be so nervous leaving so soon. I am glad I am reading about the preparation though. I was thinking the other day that my sister could go back to work after she brought me home. I will be sure to clear of the stand next to my recliner.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register