Upcoming hysterectomy 10/14: Pampering | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 10/14: Pampering Upcoming hysterectomy 10/14: Pampering

Unread 10-09-2015, 11:48 AM
Upcoming hysterectomy 10/14: Pampering

I just realized I put this in the wrong section.... Please move if necessary. My appologies

Today I was able to pamper myself a little. Lucky for me we had no patients at work, so I got an unscheduled 3 day weekend!

I picked up some new night gowns & larger panties for post-op, a new comfy robe & some slippers. I picked up a bigger pillow with arms for when I want to prop myself up and chat with all you ladies too.

I even went and got a manicure (clear, no worries).

Only bad part, my period is coming! But little does the witch know... I get the final word on Wednesday when I get my crown !

Hope everyone has an amazing weekend & remembers to pamper and take care of themselves
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2015, 11:56 AM
Re: Pampering

Pampering is highly recommended, both pre and post surgery. :-) I remember before surgery looking at my old, worn bath towels and pitching the lot into the rag bag. I went out and bought big, fluffy towels, half of them turquoise and half plum. When I got home from the hospital three days after surgery and had my first shower, those fluffy towels were waiting for me! :-)
Unread 10-09-2015, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golliday4 View Post
I just realized I put this in the wrong section.... Please move if necessary. My appologies

Today I was able to pamper myself a little. Lucky for me we had no patients at work, so I got an unscheduled 3 day weekend!

I picked up some new night gowns & larger panties for post-op, a new comfy robe & some slippers. I picked up a bigger pillow with arms for when I want to prop myself up and chat with all you ladies too.

I even went and got a manicure (clear, no worries).

Only bad part, my period is coming! But little does the witch know... I get the final word on Wednesday when I get my crown !

Hope everyone has an amazing weekend & remembers to pamper and take care of themselves
I did the pamper day 2 weeks ago- my surgery day is same as yours. We are short handed at work, so I took my one day off that week, bought stuff I needed, and wanted, got my haircut, had lunch, and just generally relaxed. It was empowering to be free for a little while, just focusing on what I wanted, versus work and family. Of course now it's 5 days away, and my anxiety has jumped to unbelievable levels! I think I might have to try to squeeze in something, that includes wine, to calm me down soon!!! Good luck to you, will be thinking and praying for all my "surgery sisters" on our day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2015, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djschue View Post
I did the pamper day 2 weeks ago- my surgery day is same as yours. We are short handed at work, so I took my one day off that week, bought stuff I needed, and wanted, got my haircut, had lunch, and just generally relaxed. It was empowering to be free for a little while, just focusing on what I wanted, versus work and family. Of course now it's 5 days away, and my anxiety has jumped to unbelievable levels! I think I might have to try to squeeze in something, that includes wine, to calm me down soon!!! Good luck to you, will be thinking and praying for all my "surgery sisters" on our day!
I may just have to allow myself some wine as well, to calm the nerves a bit ... Wishing you the best as well, and I'll keep you in my prayers!!! We've got two more work days, and we are ready to roll, girl!
Unread 10-09-2015, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golliday4 View Post
I may just have to allow myself some wine as well, to calm the nerves a bit ... Wishing you the best as well, and I'll keep you in my prayers!!! We've got two more work days, and we are ready to roll, girl!
Yeah, I work in a 24/7 convenience restaurant...I have 5 more work days, but at least for 9 hours on those days I will be too busy to panic (I hope!!!) God help me after work on Tues though...and no alcohol allowed then! Gaaaaaaaah!!! It's ok, we got this (my newest mantra)
Unread 10-09-2015, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djschue View Post
Yeah, I work in a 24/7 convenience restaurant...I have 5 more work days, but at least for 9 hours on those days I will be too busy to panic (I hope!!!) God help me after work on Tues though...and no alcohol allowed then! Gaaaaaaaah!!! It's ok, we got this (my newest mantra)
Yes, too busy to worry/panic is a blessing!!! I like the mantra, and yes -- we got this, girl!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register