finally had consult appointment... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

finally had consult appointment... finally had consult appointment...

Unread 03-24-2004, 01:52 PM
finally had consult appointment...

Surgeon agreed hysterectomy is the best next step. He won't guarantee that I'll be 100% pain free from endo, but is sure I'll be over 50% better and that's alot

They are booked up for 4 - 6 months, they will call with a date when it gets closer!

I requested a TAH instead of a TVH, I told him I'd prefer he had an excellent view of what was going on in there and to remove everything bad and a possible longer recovery was ok, Id cope.

He's going to try to preserve my ovaries, unless they are badly scarred or diseased, I wont know until after surgery for sure. I'd rather not worry about HRT, especially since Im only 32, I'd really rather my body continue to produce hormones for me. (Seems like the least it can do!)

Big relief that the surgeon agreed with me on the hysterectomy, I was fearful that since it was 5 years since my last laproscopic surgery that he'd want to peek around inside again, but he's confident that Im certain of my decision, afterall, its taken me 5 years to make it!!

So now I just have to wait and live off the ibuprofen (or toradol on the bad days).

He also said that my uterus was only slightly prolapsed, its not yet in danger of peeking out, woohoo. He said that even if it moves a bit, from the woman's point of view it feels very different and farther out than it actually is. Apparently, because there's not much room in there, even a tiny shift can cause a fair bit of pain, bloatiness and discomfort.

Maybe now my husband wont wince and ask "are you ok?" everytime I lift something heavier than an apple

Time to hurry up and wait.
GP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2004, 03:34 PM
finally had consult appointment...

Waiting is the hard part once you've made your decision. Of course in a way you've already waited five years so what's a few more months, right?

Now you can sit back and enjoy this wonderful site and learn all you ever wanted to know about your upcoming surgery. Be sure to let us all know when your date is when you get one.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register