Scheduled TVH Another Sex Question - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Another Sex Question Another Sex Question

Unread 12-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Re: Another Sex Question

I was told not to shave, they do it for you in the operating room, very itchy growing back in........just one more thing to add to the list!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2010, 02:18 PM

I was told absolutely not to shave. They even told me that they will trim, but not shave me, and that if someone tried to stop them and send them to talk to the Dr. The reason for this is becasue no matter how careful you or anyone else might be you can still get a knick and it can get infected and we don't want that to happen.
Unread 12-07-2010, 03:04 PM

That was what I was worried about, but I had no instructions. But some other patient from the same hospital said they shaved her befor surgery.....I'd rather do that myself! There are enough bacterie in the area anyway. Mmmmm, might be best to call and just ask.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2010, 07:24 PM

My surgery is scheduled for 7:30 am on a Friday. We live an hour away from the hospital and I have to be there by 6am. I'm seriously thinking about sweet talking hubby to get a hotel room....w/jacuzzi.......near the hospital so we can have quite the night before.
Unread 12-07-2010, 08:20 PM

Burned out - I specifically asked about shaving or waxing and they told me they would clip if needed. They don't shave because of the possibility of infection. Bikini wax meaning along the leg was okayed but not where the incision was going to be. As it turns out, my incision is at the very top of the hair. I do have a few hairs that are above or in the incision but most are below if that makes sense. (I never thought I would be discussing my personal hair on a board LOL)
Unread 12-08-2010, 02:12 AM

no way i could have the night before or the morning of, i was pooping all night and still a couple of hours before surgery
Unread 12-08-2010, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrael View Post
I have no idea what the doctor might say and my surgery isn't until Friday, but Thursday I plan to get all the booty I can with my husband.... and hope it holds us over :P
ROFL!!! You sound just like me! Thanks for making me laugh out loud today! I needed that after the night I had.
Unread 12-08-2010, 09:27 AM

Ok, now I'm worried about the whole shaving thing. I shave everyday and have for the last 10+ years. So am I suposed to let it grow out? How long before should I stop shaving? I hate body hair anywhere on me!
Unread 12-08-2010, 01:00 PM

Justjenlyn - call and ask. That is the best thing to do.
Unread 12-08-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni3ll3 View Post
Justjenlyn - call and ask. That is the best thing to do.
That's so embarrassing..lol
I have my pre-op appointment tomorrow so I think I'll just slip that question in.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register