Help (sensitive grandchildren mentioned) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help (sensitive grandchildren mentioned) Help (sensitive grandchildren mentioned)

Unread 03-06-2010, 07:02 PM
Help (sensitive grandchildren mentioned)

What in the hell am I going to do? My daughter just dumped my grandaughter at my door who by the way is 18 months and I am scheduled for LAVH on monday...first let me say that I would rather her be with me than god knows where but I need advice how have others coped with having small children and recovery...any ideas, hints and advice is much appreciated. Oh dh will be here for two weeks and we have a baby sitter if we need during the day but the babysitter is 45 min away...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2010, 07:12 PM
Re: Help (sensitive grandchildren mentioned)

I would say to let the dh take care of her for the first two weeks and then schedule the babysitter to come for the rest of the time dr tells you to rest....she is young enough to still need to be lifted which you can't do!
Good Luck with your surgery and recovery!!
Unread 03-06-2010, 07:12 PM

Well, I hope Grandpa can change diapers. You cannot do any lifting over 10 pounds for about 6 weeks and no bending if possible. Go to the "Checkpoints" on this site. It will be very helpful for you if you have not read it yet. Also, schedule the babysitter now. I know you love your grandchild but sorry you have to deal with this now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2010, 07:22 PM

Hi it sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now. Having a baby there during your first days of recovery will have its challenges. I hope your dh can do all of the. caring for the baby. You will need a lot of rest and absolutely no lifting of any kind. Take care and I hope you can get some good rest before Monday. Remember to pamper the princess. Sending healing hugs to you.
Unread 03-06-2010, 08:27 PM

i wish you much luck with your surgery on monday. i myself am trying to figure out to care for my 20-month old daughter when i have surgery at the end of march. hugs.
Unread 03-06-2010, 10:04 PM

As soon as possible have the DR go out and check out local daycares. Have him sign your little grandbaby up for one of those daycares for during the day so you can still get rest and he can to.. then he can care for her in the evenings/night.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register