33 and nervous | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

33 and nervous 33 and nervous

Unread 06-07-2002, 11:02 AM
33 and nervous

I just found out today that on July 10th I am going to have an abdominal hysterectomy. Hopefully, my tubes and ovaries are staying. I'm writing to find out your stories. What should I expect the morning of the 10th? What do you suggest I wear to the hospital and home from the hospital? (I'm married with 2 young children and 2 step-children). What items do you think I should remember to bring with me? Did you shower in the hospital or wait till you got home? Sorry that I'm rambling. I have brain overload right now. I would just love to hear your stories. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2002, 11:06 AM
33 and nervous

Hystersisters is a wonderful website. You'll find caring and supportive women here, who understand what you're going through.

The pull-down menus on the Hystersisters home page are a good place to start looking for information. To get you started, please click below for some hysterectomy stories:

Princess Stories Articles

Best wishes,
Helen
Unread 06-07-2002, 11:09 AM
I wish I could help you!!

Buffy,

Just wanted to drop in and give you a . I'm 33 and a lady in waiting, but not for much longer, just 3 short days left!!!

There are some drop down menus on the main page. If you click on the three princesses in the top left corner, it will take you there, and then if you will scroll down towards the bottom, you will see them! There is some awesome info there! That is what I read for my first several visits to this website! Learned so much from them, and then of course from all the wonderful posts of the other ladies in waiting, and even the punctured princesses!!!

I have three small childre to wory about so I know the anxieties you are experiencing! Trust me, it will all turn out ok. Be sure to talk to your doctor about any of your worries or anxieties or concerns! That is what he/she is there for, and I can assure you that they have heard it all!!!! (And if not, it's time they did!!!)

I wish you luck in your quest for answers! You will definitely find them here!!

Best of luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2002, 01:15 PM
Hi Buffy,

I had a TAH two weeks and one day ago.

To read the story of my surgery, please click on the WWW button at the bottom of my post. Click the following link: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...ht=eleven+days to read about my recovery.

In regards to what to take and what to wear, I wore a loose jumper and a pair of slip on shoes to the hospital and the same outfit home again. You won't be wearing your street clothes for very long, so most ladies wear the same outfit there and back. You want to wear something loose and comfortable.

The list on the drop down menu has a lot of good information on what to take, but to me, that list is much too long.

I took a gown and robe, slip-on slippers, my own bed pillow and a tummy pillow, a sleep mask, panty liners (didn't need them though), chapstick (lips were very dry after surgery from the anesthesia), travel-size deoderant, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrush, and lotion, make-up, comb, a pen, my driver's license and insurance card. I took some magazines and a book, but didn't read them because I slept most of the first two days and couldn't concentrate the rest of the time.

The waiting is the hardest part of this surgery. If you can just hang on, you'll do fine. Learn all that you can so that you'll be prepared and don't be afraid to ask questions. We're here for you.

s,

Lisa
Unread 06-07-2002, 05:18 PM
hospital must haves

buffy, i had a lavh/bso 16 days ago. the thing i found i wanted the most in the hospital was a pretty nightgown so when visitors came i felt human and so when i walked around the hospital i didn't have to worry about holding the gown shut in the back. The second thing i wanted the most was throat lozengers my throat was really sore from the airway tube, also chapsticks my mouth and lips were really dry from the pain meds. i took a shower in the hospital also so i was glad i brought my own soap and shampoo. i packed a ton of magazines but never read them vision was blurry from the demerol. Hope all goes as smoothly for you as it did for me. I'll keep you in prayer.
Blessings, kelly p.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register