Hpv - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-10-2005, 11:58 AM
Hpv

Thank you Torrie. Wow, that's a lot of information!

I guess I'll know more about whether I have the high-risk strains after my pap results are back.

My original thinking was to have them take my cervix because of my mom's pre-cancerous condition at the time of her hyst. I thought that since HPV makes a woman more likely to get cervical cancer, and I had it, and my mom had the pre-cancer; voila! Instant need to remove cervix. Maybe I'll come to a different conclusion after all of this information.

I still don't know for sure-but my doctor will have a good idea and I'm sure to listen. But I will make MY decision once I'm satisfied that my research has been completed.

Thank you so much for helping me out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2005, 12:28 PM
Hpv

One more thing...

I did have severe dysplasia and carcinoma in situ. At the doctor's office I went to at the time, they didn't bother doing an HPV test. They've decided that if a woman has gotten to where I got, it's a no brainer that they have HPV--one of the high risk strains.

So, do push to get tested. Not all offices do this automatically with routine pap smears. I sure wish I'd known I had it! I went from 20+ years of negative paps to pre-invasive cancer in one year. Who knows how long I'd had it.

Then, the same doc who did the LEEP to remove the cancerous tissue, strongly encouraged me to keep my cervix when I had my hyst.

Good for you for doing your research!

Margot
Unread 08-10-2005, 01:40 PM
Hpv

Thanks so much!! That's good to know.
Unread 08-10-2005, 08:09 PM
Hpv

Hi NewBodyPlz,
Wow, lots of info. I don't disagree with any of what I read but I did want to share my experience with you....I too went from a normal pap to CIN3 (severe dysplasia) in one year. My GYN did a HPV test at the same time as my biopsy and the HPV test came back negative but like Margot said when you have CIN3 all docs pretty much assume you have HPV. Since my cryo all my paps have been normal however my cervix bleeds easily now and due to how it looked during a follow up coloscopy I had to have another biopsy last year. Everything turned out fine but my doc says due to my history she wants to take everything. (I suffer from endo and PCOS as well). My suggestion is to ask your doctor what he/she thinks and for specific reasons to keep or not to, depending on their answer. I've also heard of women who have multiple strands of the virus, so initially you may just suffer the cervical change issue but later develop warts or vice versa....just some stuff to think about. Good luck!
Unread 08-12-2005, 11:15 AM
Hpv

Thanks Jiggy! I appreciate the information

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register