Dealing with people at work - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dealing with people at work Dealing with people at work

Unread 08-10-2005, 10:09 PM
Dealing with people at work

I think you have to know the type of co-workers you are dealing with to decide what you will say to them!
I knew what gossipy slime I was dealing with, so I avoided it (still got the gossip crap anyway!!)

I also changed my look a bit upon my return. I tanned myself with self-tanner bronzers, threw out the pantyhose, bought some pretty new pastel suits and felt great upon my return! (However.. I still got the comments from the freaks about how tired I looked.)
It is hard to return to work full-time, and you will be tired and your mood will be a bit unsteady, the last thing you need are a bunch of freaks trying to derail your level mood.

I don't trust too many co-workers with my intimate personal life. Only two knew what my surgery was and kept it totally silent. We had a good laugh brainstorming ideas to come up with for the nosy freaks. Like "I had butt implants and couldn't sit down for 6 weeks..." then I could turn around and ask them how my rear was looking?
Anything to shut the nosy ones up!!

Shoozie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2005, 10:20 PM

Goodness Shoozie!

I don't know what more you could have done. Guess we can only say that you work with people whose name rhymes with witches. They are jealous that you look so good! You show em, girl!

Aiken
Unread 08-10-2005, 10:33 PM
Butt implants!!!!!!

Shoozie!!!! I'm dyin here!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2005, 10:44 PM

Hey Missylynn...looks like we are having our surgeries on the same day. Maybe we could keep in touch and support each other during our recovery time . As far as telling my co-workers, yes they all know and are very supportive. I wanted to make sure they all knew that I WOULD NOT be available for 8 weeks. Iwork out of my home but I work for several other people in other offices. I'm hoping they really appreciate me once I'm not there. Good luck to you.
Unread 08-11-2005, 05:20 AM

I'm not one to keep what I had done a secret; however, there are some guys especially at work who I think might be uncomfortable hearing the words "hysterectomy."

Therefore, as an alternate, I say I had "major abdominal surgery" which is really true. Plus, I've had digestive issues for years and everyone knows that, so they can assume whatever they want to.
Unread 08-11-2005, 06:04 AM

Shoozie,

There's one woman in our office like that. I intentially put on bronzer and dressed nice and she still commented on how "peked" I looked. Everyone else said I looked well although I still shuffle a bit. This woman is the type that will do anything for a confrontation because she is so insecure. I was doing a job with her on a regular basis and told my boss that I just realized how much stress this woman and her mouth causes me. He arranged it so that I won't have to work with her so much anymore.
Unread 08-11-2005, 08:57 AM

I told some. Other I choose not to tell.

I'll put a message on my voice mail and a note on my computer that I'm out of the office until (date).

The last time I was off 4 weeks due to surgery and some people didn't even know I was gone.
Unread 08-11-2005, 09:13 AM

[quote=HurricaneTina]I'm not one to keep what I had done a secret; however, there are some guys especially at work who I think might be uncomfortable hearing the words "hysterectomy."

This is exactly why I shared
Unread 08-11-2005, 12:59 PM

LOL. I do share that info with a few guys just to see the squirm factor. I did that to one guy and he was so sweet in return, (thought I might have cancer) that I felt bad.
Unread 08-11-2005, 04:58 PM

I do think I tipped my hand too much...I used to use my period as my ace in the hole when the guys tried to push of their work off on me. Overall, it was worth it though.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register