Lsh Scheduled For March 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lsh Scheduled For March 6 Lsh Scheduled For March 6

Unread 02-23-2007, 07:08 PM
Lsh Scheduled For March 6

Anyone else have a laparascopic supracervical hysterectomy? Seems like all the posts I've read lately is people having a complete hysterectomy. I'm really scared about this surgery. I have to have it because my uterus is very enlarged and putting pressure on the bladder and I have interstitial cystitis. ..also possible endometriosis.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2007, 07:17 PM

I had an LSH/BSO a couple of weeks ago and I was a little scared beforehand, too! I think it is the best way to go after reading some of the other posts. I still have a swollen tummy, but thats it. I feel better now than I have in the last 12 years. My surgery lasted about an hour and forty-five minutes. I woke up kind of sick to my stomach, but got medicine for it. I went home less than 24 hrs later. I took pain pills for about 4 days. My recovery took a little longer than normal because I got food poisoning on day 7. I started driving on day 8 and can pick up my 3 1/2 yr old already. I am not cleared for baths or sex yet, but I don't really want to do it yet anyway. At my post-op I was still tender on my internal exam. If you want more info, just let me know! Good luck! Elizabeth
Unread 02-23-2007, 08:28 PM

Hi Sunshine8790,

I too had a LSH and I am still very pleased with my LSH results.

It is normal to be scared. A hyst is major surgery. So...don't feel alone. We Hyster Sisters are here to help if we can.

Sending best wishes~

Mary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2007, 09:01 PM

I had a LSH and a rectocle repair and I am doing fine. Six week checkup was this week and the doc was pleased. My surgery was a bit more complicated and it ended up being four hours long but it was able to be completed laproscopically even though I needed one more incision. I went home within 24 hours and found that I didn't need percoset after about 3 days although I took Motrin for longer. Now I am back doing mild exercise, still feel some pain around my left hip (doc said that was to be expected because my uterus was so big it had to be manipulated a bit more) and am still tired. Most of the day, I really don't even remember that I recently had surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register