Holy Gas Pain Batman! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Holy Gas Pain Batman! Holy Gas Pain Batman!

Unread 09-04-2011, 03:06 AM
Holy Gas Pain Batman!

I'm 3 days post op and (not surpringly) having gas pain. I've been up walking, drinking flat liquids and taking gas X. I KNOW many of you ladies have been here before. Would any of you please let me know of any home remedies you found useful? I would greatly appreciate it!!!

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-04-2011, 03:16 AM
Re: Holy Gas Pain Batman!

You know what?I have gas pain now, i am 6 weeks post op and still feel more pain then usual with it :-(

All i can say is walking helps to get things "moving" and avoiding foods and drinks that make you more gassy.
Sorry cant help any more then that, but hope you feel better asap
Unread 09-04-2011, 03:36 AM

I didn't have much gas after my TVH. I feel like abstaining from carbonated beverages helped me there. I only drank tea, juice and water.

Not much help, I know, but that's my two cents!

Hope you feel better soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-04-2011, 05:13 AM

My gas pains were worse than any abdominal pain I've had so far! The good news, maybe, my gas pains ended around day 3-4. Heat helps. If you put a heating pad around your shoulders. Also, my nurse in the hospital said it helps to lay on your left side. Moist heat also helps if you heat a small towel or washcloth in the microwave and lay it on your shoulders. (That's where mine hurt the most). As others have said, walk defintely helps. Not sitting straight up as the gas tends to rise to your shoulders. Hope it gets better soon!
Unread 09-04-2011, 05:58 AM

My gas pain was very annoying n of course painful when it travelled up in my chest area I treat myself to a healthy beating baby style lol.... Patting my back. I also walked and avoid being flat when I was laying down. I would at times lay down n sleep at the sofa with a pillow to be elevated ...( not in a sitting position.) I know this ain't much but give it a try... I had major gas problems for about 2 and half weeks so hang in there.
Unread 09-04-2011, 07:43 AM
Holy Gas Pain Batman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joonaspryte View Post
You know what?I have gas pain now, i am 6 weeks post op and still feel more pain then usual with it :-(

All i can say is walking helps to get things "moving" and avoiding foods and drinks that make you more gassy.
Sorry cant help any more then that, but hope you feel better asap
I'm 8 weeks post op and girl I'm stll suffering from gas every now again. Yesterday I had it bad. I that the gas part was over with. I'm going to. A cook out today I'm making a pit stop to CVS and ge me some gas-x

My sisters have a safe and happy holiday weekend!!
Unread 09-04-2011, 09:40 AM

Thank you ladies! I guess it is just a waiting game. Here's hoping it goes away soon!
Unread 09-04-2011, 10:34 AM

I'm one week out, so no expert, but what helped me: walking, water, fiber foods and at bed time I lay in bed and do something like the "child's pose" in yoga, on all fours, then sort of lay my head down so my head is on the pillow, my tail end up in the air. Then bring my head up, so all fours again, then child's pose. A couple of rounds of this each night helped at lot. But I am talking about intestinal gas, not the bloating/pain from laproscopic surg... Hope you feel better soon!
Unread 09-04-2011, 10:51 AM

hi hun when i had really bad gas pains after my op the nurses gave me peppermint tea, try it it works a treat.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register