2 weeks since surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 weeks since surgery 2 weeks since surgery

Unread 06-19-2001, 01:08 PM
2 weeks since surgery

Hi everyone,
Well my TVH was 2 weeks ago today. Yesterday was my birthday and my post op check up. The Dr. says I can drive now and go back to work full time on july 5th. My incisions are healing, the only drawback so far is the spotting and she says that will continue until all sutures inside have gone. I am feeling good, went to Kmart and out to eat with husband and daughter last nite and hosted a barbeque on Fathers day, thought I would be feeling too bad to go anywhere, now wish I had so the mess could have been at their house. HaHa! I am trying to stop taking my nap in afternoon now so that I will sleep thru the night. I am completely off the pain killers for a week now. The more I move around the better it seems to be. My boss had a TAH today and she sounds horrible, but my co-workers say I sounded the same way on the day of my surgery. Seems to be something in the water where I work. I was #2 out of 3 having hysterectomies for their summer vacation. Anyway hope everyone is doing well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2001, 04:45 PM
2 weeks since surgery

Take it easy!! You aren't as healed as you think. At this point, your internal stitches are still holding everything up - they probably won't start dissolving for another week or so. Whatever you do to yourself now can come back to haunt you at a later date. All you should be doing right now is resting, a little walking, and more resting. Its tempting to do things, but you aren't healed enough yet. You could pull stitches pretty easily right now, and that is quite painful. No housework, no lifting.

Don't be so quick to quit napping - if you get tired, nap. No-one is grading you on this There are lots of reasons you might not be sleeping well at night, and napping probably isn't the main one (hormones, anesthesia after effects, pain pill rebound, and getting less exercise are likely suspects). I am 7 weeks post and have only been sleeping through the night for a week.

Good luck! Remember to rest?

Jenine
Unread 06-22-2001, 05:23 AM
2 weeks since surgery

Geemily,

Tell us how you feel after the three week wall. Almost everyone feels better at 2 weeks. If you hit the wall, don't worry about it, just go back to resting and resting and resting.

Those incisions that are healing so well take over the stress those dissolving stitches are handling now.

A warm heating pad was my best friend for a few days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2001, 07:48 AM
2 weeks since surgery

Hold on, Nellie!!!! I was feeling progressively better each day after surgery and thought the endurance would continue and continue and continue. But I have hit the 3-4 week wall and am beginning to understand what that means. It's like having a baby...nobody can tell you what it's really like until you go through it yourself! Listen to you body and don't overdo it...even if you were a super active person prior to surgery! Just when you thing, "hey, this is a piece of cake", the good ol'body says ,"listen to me"! We should enjoy the opportunity to rest now, since hopefully we will never have to enjoy it this way again.
Unread 06-22-2001, 08:34 AM
2 weeks Post Op

I went yesterday for my 2 week post op appt. he says im doing fine. i feel okay just get tired so easy. says i too can drive now. Have to go back in a month. Dont get fooled into thinking all is well. I thought that a few days ago i woke up feeling great. then i tried scrubbing the bathroom and grocery shopping and i suffered for it that night. i now have decided to take that 6 weeks and heal all the way. I only took the pain meds the 3 days in the hospital and when i got home i took only 4 of the 30 demarol prescribed. i hate that fussy feeling. I have taken a few tylenol since then though. dont rush it. I have been up only 2 hours today. I put in a lod of wash , made my bed and sat here for about 30 minutes. I feel like i ran a marathon. Im going to lay down. how long till this feeling of being totally worn out goes away??????
have a great day

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register