any specific activities-2 weeks post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

any specific activities-2 weeks post-op any specific activities-2 weeks post-op

Unread 02-26-2005, 12:10 PM
any specific activities-2 weeks post-op

Hi to all, and thanks for the info I've received from this site. I'm two weeks post-op SAH and not exactly sure how much I should be doing. Vertical incision, not too much pain; some days tired and rest alot, other days can move around often and don't need as much bed-time. I would like to do something productive but can't always concentrate. I have not been doing dishes, laundry, vacuuming, etc., but feel that I could straighten up a little, wipe a table, or fold some clothes. Any other suggestions?

Also, my Dr. is not seeing me for six weeks after the surgery. This seems like a long time. My whole family had the intestinal flu last weekend, including me, and I wondered if I did any internal damage...no sign of anything on the outside.
Thanks for any responses,
Cazk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2005, 12:31 PM

Cazk,

I'm 18 days into my recovery from a TAH BSO. I fold laundry after someone else gets it out of the dryer for me. I can also put it away fairly easily if I do a little at a time. I dust and polish the furniture, make up the bed in the morning, (slowly still) and I can do dishes now too. I'm not supposed to do any vacuming or lifting yet, so someone else has to do those for me. I go for walks nearly every day. My recovery has been interesting. I feel the same for several days at a time, then one day I get up and I feel noticably better. Then, I stay at that level for a few days, then again, I get up one morning and I feel better still, and so on. It hasn't really been that I feel a little better every day like some people say they do. But I am really starting to feel great. I wonder, if I feel this good now, at 18 days, what will I feel like at 8 weeks?? I'm so glad I had this surgery!!!

So far as the intestinal flu, you can always request to be seen sooner if you are truly worried, but unless there is some new symptom or worsening pain, I don't think I'd worry too much. We all worry about tearing something if/when we cough, sneeze, or throw up, but usually our bodies go right on healing despite it all.

I hope you continue to heal as well as I have!
Unread 02-26-2005, 01:13 PM

Please don't rush into doing things...take advantage of this time, you will never have it again

There is a link on the top of this page called "checkpoints"...click on that...there it gives you guidelines depending on how far out postop you are, there is a lot of good information there too. Basically for the first 2 weeks, you shouldn't be doing anything but taking a shower and sleeping, resting, taking short walks around the house and resting some more. But take a look on that link...it will help you a lot.
I was never supposed to see my GYN until 6 weeks after surgery..that is pretty common. But of course call and go back if you are having problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2005, 03:46 PM

I agree. . . over due it and you risk delaying your recovery - I say that from experience.

You don't see your doc till 6 weeks? I hope you will call and get in if anything comes up - at least keep in contact with her/his nurse. Mine say me about every 2 weeks.

Madelle

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register