Kegel question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Kegel question Kegel question

Unread 10-03-2006, 06:14 AM
Kegel question

Hi Sisters!

I forgot to ask my doc, but can I do kegels now post surgery. I am 8 days post op today and had a lavh.

Just wanted to make sure you can do them post op...I don't see why you couldn't..but thought I'd ask.

You all have a terrific day. Try to remember what you're feeling now is only temporary and this too, shall pass!!!

's &
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2006, 06:48 AM
Kegel question

I didn't see a reason why I couldn't do them either and my doc said no kegels for two weeks. I never asked her why. I've been doing them like a mad woman from day 15! I would call your doc's office and ask because each woman is different and each doc will probably have a different answer.
Unread 10-03-2006, 06:59 AM
Sa

Hi SA

I am not sure, but I will ask dr. tomorrow, I have not done any yet. Too Scared!!!
but I agree w/ B I would ask. Better safe than sorry.

Harley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2006, 07:08 AM
Kegel question

Hi SisterAngel, Great question! I would ask your Dr about that just to be on the safe side. I couldn't imagine anything would be wrong with doing that, but I would give your Dr a quck call just to be sure. You are 100% right...this two shall pass. Take care and 's Melanie
Unread 10-03-2006, 07:53 AM
Kegel question

Hello Sister Angel!
I had my 10 day check up yesterday. He was very impressed with how well I'm doing. My next check up is in four weeks!!! Anyway he told me ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in the vagina. He said I could fool around all I want but NOTHING inside. I told him not to worry,but I have been doing lots of kegels for the big day!!! He laughed his head off!!! I guess I got my answer it's O.k for me to do them but I would asked your Dr first. I can't see why you couldn't. I mean how do you stop yourself from peeing if it hurts too much!
Keep Smiling
Edie "s
Unread 10-03-2006, 08:55 AM
Kegel question

Thanks Sisters,

I never thought you do use those muscles to stop from peeing or holding when you can't get to the toilet fast...but I will wait until I talk to my doc.

Do those kegels girls when you are allowed lol

Hugs
Unread 10-03-2006, 02:04 PM
Kegel question

My doctor has never mentioned the Kegel exercises. Am I supposed to be doing them? I've never had children, does that matter? What's the likelyhood that after a hyst I'll have bladder control problems? I've never had any before, is this really common? Now I'm worried!
Unread 10-03-2006, 04:27 PM
Kegel question

JanaBailey lol don't worry, I've had 3 children and I don't have bladder problems. Kegels stengthen the vagina wall muscles and they are good to do after childbirth. My Dr never mentioned doing them I just did them on my own because I had a TVH. Kegels are great to use on your man, my DH loves it!!!TMI lol !!!!! You should do them even if you never had children or V surgerys. Keep those muscles strong and you shouldn't have too many problems when your older!!
Keep Smiling
Edie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register