"Pulling" cramp sensation at vaginal cuff, over one year post | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

"Pulling" cramp sensation at vaginal cuff, over one year post "Pulling" cramp sensation at vaginal cuff, over one year post

Unread 02-24-2010, 10:34 AM
"Pulling" cramp sensation at vaginal cuff, over one year post

Hi all -

I had my LAVH done in December of 2008. I healed well, resumed a happy sex life, and had been feeling much better until recently. I have been having very bad cramping in what feels like my pelvic floor muscles near the top of my vagina. It's worse with gas (like the horrible pain of gas shortly post surgery - but I haven't had that kind of pain for some time now). Still, even without gas, my pelvic muscles are tender. I know that my vaginal cuff was "anchored" during surgery to help keep it from prolapsing, so it's kind of attached to the whole pelvic floor muscle system there. The pain is sometimes bad enough that I can't move for several minutes until it subsides.

Now... to be honest - I've been having more sex lately than I did before. Sometimes every day, sometimes more than once a day (blush). Things are really good that way, and my husband is a happy man... but not so great when I'm all crampy most of the time.

Can an increase in sexual activity cause that kind of pain? That's the only change I can really think of that might be related to this. If it continues, I will be going to the doctor. It's just highly annoying and a bit weird to be dealing with this so long after the surgery (and I'm also afraid that the doc will tell me that it's in my imagination).

Anyway - has anybody else had this kind of issue? If so - did you find out what was going on?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Amy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2010, 06:39 PM
Re: "Pulling" cramp sensation at vaginal cuff, over one year post

Hi Amy, my surgery sister!

It is so odd that you mention this, because I've been having some of those same sensations lately--more discomfort than pain in my case, though, and not connected to sex.

I've wondered if it's still part of the long-term healing process or perhaps related to recent hormonal changes I've noticed in other way. With pain as strong as you describe, I would definitely think it's okay to call a doctor. Perhaps your primary care physician would be a good starting point, to help identify whether it might be surgery-related or an indication of something else that might be going on.

I'm glad to see you here again, although I'm sorry you're experiencing the symptoms that brought you back.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register