Anyone else have lower right quadrant pain? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else have lower right quadrant pain? Anyone else have lower right quadrant pain?

Unread 05-01-2013, 04:43 AM
Re: Anyone else have lower right quadrant pain?

I also have a burning open wound feeling in that same area. I had my surgery Feb 21. It has gotten better. I also noticed getting in and out of car and sitting at the table or couch makes it worse getting up and down. Laying down helps me and ibuprofen 800 helps now but sometimes didn't at first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2013, 08:31 AM

I have that on both sides, hurts like crazy.
Unread 05-01-2013, 08:54 AM

my pain is on my left side. I also had a ct done, and of course it showed normal..it won't pick up any scar tissue, or pinched nerves, etc. My dr believes I have a pinched nerve. It's no fun, ice packs, rest, and heating pads help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2013, 10:08 AM

I am sorry you are all still hurting. I also have all over pain but the worst pain is lower right quadrant. I fully expect my CT to come back normal because tests always seem to come back normal when you are desperately wanting an answer. I had nerve damage from my only other major surgery so now I live with gastroparesis (paralyzed/slow emptying stomach). I hadn't thought of nerve damage. Oh well, we learn to deal with what we HAVE to deal with. It also sounds like this could just fall in the 'normal' range of healing. I wish answers were easier to come by for all of us.
Good luck everyone!
Unread 05-01-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewel47 View Post
Yes, lots of pain there. I keep telling my husband, if this pain was gone, I would otherwise feel good. Dr told me most of the robotic manipulation was done on this side, along with many sutures, so it's going to hurt while it heals. I am right handed and notice using my arm moves this side of my body, obviously, so my theory is use my left side more. I'm reaching for anything at this point.
Thanks for that answer. I have RLQ pain also - I had a DvH (total) on 4/22 and that's one area (along with the camera site!!!) where I have a bit more pain. It's easing up but is more than the left side. I spoke with the surgeon's office and the ligament reattachment that my surgeon does was one reason, the manipulation of the trochars there was another given by the office. They were very concerned if I had a fever of more than 100.4 - I don't. Also, concerned about if I was drinking enough and using a stool softener. (Yes-ish but I should be better about that). I hope it eases up for you.
Unread 05-01-2013, 11:13 AM

Yes!!! I'm one week post op today and it.hurts like heck. I had my appendix removed so I know that isn't the problem but oh my.gosh the pain is ridiculous.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register