TAH opinions and advice please - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

opinions and advice please opinions and advice please

Unread 05-01-2013, 07:07 AM
Re: opinions and advice please

I heard and still hear that same crap. At 2 weeks I was a hot mess. I was still on pain meds and the highlight of my day was going from the bed to the couch. I didn't even drive until week 3 because I was so exhausted. I will be 5 weeks tomorrow and my stamina is no where near what I was pre op. I do feel I'm getting stronger now. I still take ibuprofen when I'm having a bad day. And everyone around me is freaking out because of my "Swelly belly". Thanks to this site seems like everyone has this so I'm not freaking out.
This is a slow and hard recovery. Take your time and heal properly. Tell everyone else what I say...everyone else on hyster sister is healing and going through the same thing as me at the same time so this is normal. Then tell them to YouTube the surgery you had and they will shut up! Prayers for your recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2013, 07:35 AM

Hi Mazzy,

I am 7 weeks post-op (tomorrow) and yesterday was the first day I went without any pain meds until bed time. I have been back to work since 4/22, and this past Monday when I got home, I crashed. I was exhausted! Even just driving to work, and sitting in a chair at a computer all day and then driving home can be physically exhausting. Please, please get all the rest you can, you only get one chance to heal right. For the ones who think you should be "all better", send them a YouTube link for the surgery you had, and remind them that even though you may not have any stitches on the outside, you have up to 200 INSIDE that need to heal properly, and the only way they will do that is with you taking it easy.

Good luck, and hugs to you!! :-)
Unread 05-01-2013, 08:50 AM

Ty Sisters I really needed to hear this as I started to think maybe I was just being whimpy or something was really wrong with me. I am still n pain not like day one but still n pain and very tired. So I'm taking all you all have said and resting.

Huggz
Mazzy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2013, 10:16 AM

I'm 3 weeks post op and still have some pains here and there, especially when I sit in the computer chair for too long. Like the others said, you know your body and only you know how you feel. Don't let others make you think you should be up and about like they are, they didn't just go through what you did.
Unread 05-01-2013, 10:55 AM

I'm ahead of you, my TAH was on the 12th.... and this week has been more tiring than last week... and my belly and incision is sooo very tender and sore... it's healed and looks wonderful but there must be lots of bruising in the belly.

I was thrilled with how I was feeling last week but not this week. One day at a time... rest, relax, be bored. lol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register