Hysterectomy in three days!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy in three days!!! Hysterectomy in three days!!!

Unread 04-05-2014, 10:04 AM
Hysterectomy in three days!!!

I realize how much I need this Hysterectomy since there is a lot of pressure and swelling going on inside the vagina. I called the drs on call nurse and she said that it was my Uterus most likely being enlarged causing things to swell. She said once I have the Hysterectomy I will feel so much more relieved.
I also have a large fibroid inside that could be causing it. I haven't been able to go to the gym and burn calories being on 'pelvic rest' for the last two weeks. I am in so much discomfort and pain. I can manage until Tuesday when I have the Hysterectomy.
So much prepping to do before this surgery I never realized. Like laying out the night gowns I want to wear and getting the shows I want to watch where I don't have to reach or bend afterwards. Little things that make a big difference! Also the nerves are tight inside my stomach. I have had lots of surgeries but the nerves are stronger with this one.
Now all I need to do is buy the Fleet enema kit (yuk not looking forward to that)

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2014, 11:06 AM
Re: Hysterectomy in three days!!!

Hi Lisa! Sounds like you are doing great with your prep. I know what you mean about the nerves. I've had many surgeries also and this one freaked me out the most. I am two weeks out now and doing much better than expected. Every woman and surgery is different, but for me the pain was not half as bad as I thought. Still a lot of healing going on, fatigue and bloating are my main issues, but compared to how I was feeling prior to surgery this is a piece of cake! Just keep breathing. You are almost there.
Unread 04-05-2014, 12:59 PM

Hi Lisa!

This is the same time of year that I had my TAH... seems like yesterday. I remember how nervous I was. Keeping busy getting things ready actually helped me stay calm. My nest was ready by the time I left for the hospital. Spring will be a lovely time in which to recover. Always remember you will need/deserve LOTS of pampering!

((HUGS))
Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2014, 02:21 PM

Yes, this is a much bigger-deal surgery - it is after all MAJOR SURGERY. I had three other surgeries (all minor) before my TAH BSO, and this was definitely a much bigger deal for me. However, I knew what to expect in the surgery prep area - while every hospital is different, much is the same. So at least I had one less worry.

You are almost there. Those few days before surgery can be really emotionally intense. in there, and keep yourself busy. Also, treat yourself to something without violating doctor's orders. Perhaps a or a dinner out or a or a or a .... whatever is special for you.

Unread 04-06-2014, 11:23 AM

Right there with you!! Mine is Tuesday morning!! I am a busy little bee getting the house ready and food ready and my stuff for the hospital and everything planned out for my sons and husband..... I can not wait to fall asleep Tuesday in the OR knowing that it will all be over in the blink of an eye!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register