Unplugged at last!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Unplugged at last!! Unplugged at last!!

Unread 05-11-2004, 09:01 AM
Smile - Unplugged at last!! Unplugged at last!!

Hi Sisters!

I am just soooo happy, after having the cathy in since the fistula repair on 15 March I was today unplugged - oh joy of joys!!!!! I have to admit to swearing when it was removed despite having a local aneasetic, the consultant said that he was holding my hand, not out of comfort but to stop me grabbing any of his delicate body parts as he know it would be painful - but that is all over now and I can look forward to being able to roll over in bed tonight without being attached to a bag! I have a dressing on the wound, which will leak urine for a few days and have to ensure that my bladder doesn't get too full. The cystogram could not detect a fistula, however, it showed that I have a diverticular bladder - has anyone else been told this? I wasn't aware of this before the op and have been told that there are "pockets" in the bladder which might result in future infections, although for the last 3 years I have had so many that I am not overly concerned.

I also wanted to say how I would not have made it this far without the invaluable support from all you ladies on this wonderful, wonderful site.

With love, Frances
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2004, 11:31 AM
Unplugged at last!!

FANTASTIC FRANCES - YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! Congratulations at being unplugged.

Love Helenx
Unread 05-11-2004, 08:15 PM
Unplugged at last!!

Yippee Frances!!

Another fistula sister on the dry side and unplugged! Another Cathy to throw on the bonfire!!

WooooHooooo!!! Enjoy the freedom!

Love Blossom
Unread 05-11-2004, 11:47 PM
Talking - Unplugged at last!! Unplugged at last!!

F Stephenson,

CONGRATS ON CATHY REMOVED FINALLY!! HERES WISHING YOU A GREAT NIGHTS SLEEP NO MORE TUBS PADS JUST LOT'S OF DRYNESS!
S
Christy
Unread 05-12-2004, 10:57 AM
Unplugged at last!!

Go Frances! Go girl!!

I'm soooo relieved..not half as relieved as you are I'll bet!!

Ahhhhhhh!! Welcome to the cathy-free world!

Hallelujah!!!

BIG hugs! You've been so, so, so, so strong!! You're amazing!!
Unread 05-12-2004, 11:17 AM
Unplugged at last!!

So ... I am due to have my S-P tube out on Friday. In reading between the lines .. does this hurt? I asked my Urologist that on Monday (who also happens to be a personal friend .. his son and my son are good friends) and all he said was "it doesn't hurt me!" and shook his head and that was it.
I'll be SOOOOOOO glad to have the tube out .. I call it my little penis. Because when I measure my residuals it hangs down and pees! Still, I look forward to sleeping on my tummy and not having to change the dressings every day.
Should I take a Percocet before I go in on Friday?
xxxooo
Kathy
Unread 05-12-2004, 05:50 PM
Unplugged at last!!

Hi Kathy
When I had mine out it happens so quick by the time you say ouch it is out.

I didn't need any medication when I had mine out, like I said mine was done so quickly all I remember was the nurse saying it's out and I said it is? She told me to breath now cause like you I was nervous and she said seriously it is out. I couldn't believe it but what a great feeling once it is out.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register