A week left | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-05-2005, 11:49 PM
A week left

I'm still some what scared, but not like I was before. I just want to get it over with. I am starting to hurt more. My big thing is I don't want to stay in the hopsital. I don't like hospital can't sleep to well. My family keeps telling me I should enjoy the time away from the kids, but they are what keeps me going. I think I would do better at home.
I just pray things go good.
Sammi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2005, 12:41 AM
A week left

Hi Sammi

I completely understand! At DR's while discussing surgery, nurse said (in passing) that I might be able to go home the same day. Now a week since hyst and I'm wondering how in the world she would ever think to tell anyone they might go home the same day?! Anyway, at pre-op, DR said no, I would stay at hospital for 2 days. I freaked! And had to find last minute child care, etc...
But once I was in my own room, DH brought my son to see me and that helped a lot!
Good luck to you!
Unread 07-06-2005, 01:10 AM
A week left

I am six days post and I can feel for you! I was terrified, I had six weeks notice before my surgery. Imagine my imagination had so much time to think of eveything. But, surgery was not as bad as anticipated. In fact, once I got the "Liquid Courage" (my IV with the stuff that relaxes you, sorry I don't remember the name of the drug they put in the IV), I don't remember much of anything until they rolled me into my room after recovery and my DH was there waiting for me. About the hospital stay, take the time they allow to be pampered, you will appreciate the help, all too soon you are back home with the long walk to the bathroom instead of the few steps at the hospital. It is also good to get in those first post days without the kids seeing how helpless you are. Plus it is nice for a few days to not have to worry where the meals are coming from and how long ago you had your meds and etc. And my kids enjoyed the sleepover at the relatives house and I think it helped keep their mind off of me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2005, 06:19 AM
A week left

Hi, I understand howyou feel too - nothing's quite as comfortable as one's own bed

However, as I had a bad reaction to morphine, I was happy that I was still there so that it could be treated promptly. I think that staying for at least overnight is a good idea. I ended up for a couple of extra days and didn't actually mind a bit. It WAS still good to get home

Best wishes, I'll pray that all goes well for you.

s
Unread 07-06-2005, 06:59 AM
A week left

Hi Sammi!

I totally understand the way you feel about hospitals. I am terrified of them myself. I told my DH to please not leave me alone at anytime unless my mom is w/me. He promised he would never leave me. I'm having LAVH on 7-13 and my doc said I would only be in the castle for one night. Actually considered outpatient somewhat, they only give you 23 hours. Nurse said if more was needed they would have it approved by my ins. I'm very scared at this point, but want to get it all over with. Can't hardly imagine life w/o pain!!

Hugs and prayers to you on your day!!
Karen
Unread 07-06-2005, 07:36 AM
11 days til sugery

I am also scared, I don't want to be away from my house either. I know you said your kids keep you going and you need to hear thier voices around you, and know they are there instead of a stranger, I have thought of that too, my husband won't be staying over night with me, I told him to go to work the days I'm in the hospital, because I'll need him home when I come home. I am having a TAH and my doctor is also going to remove some skin from my stomach from my pregnacies, I had two verdical c-sections and both my babies were well over 8lbs. and I'm 4' 8" tall. I only gained 20lbs with both of them but the size of my babies left alot of excess skin, this is the only thing I'm happy about, I don't want my ovaries removed, but they have cysts and I also have endo, I've have 1 laporoscopy to remove endo, remove my bladder from my uterus, and remove ovarian cysts, that was Febuary 28th, and I'm having a TAH in July. I'm only 40 yrs. old I'm scared of the weight gain if I do or menopause. I wish you all the luck in the world, I'm sure you'll be okay with prayers and you'll be home before you know it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register