Is there any need for Pillow if you have LAVH? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is there any need for Pillow if you have LAVH? Is there any need for Pillow if you have LAVH?

Unread 11-27-2004, 12:11 PM
Is there any need for Pillow if you have LAVH?

I see many post about tummy pillows will there be a need for tummy pillow after a LAVH? The doctor has said that he will make the same incision in my belly button and my lower abd that he made for my Lap 4 weeks ago and two 1 inch incisions on either side to disconnect my overies. Will the pain be worse in the abd than it was after the Lap?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2004, 07:21 PM

Hi ssailor - to Hyster Sisters!!

While I'm sorry that you are facing surgery, I am glad that you found HS and posted. I had a TVH with repairs, and didn't need to have a tummy pillow, but needed a donut pillow to sit on (because of the repairs) instead. I hope someone will come along soon who had a LAVH and can tell you if a tummy pillow helped them.

I'd like to encourage you to be sure to read the Pre-Op Hints and the Post-Op Hints. They are full of great advice that will help you to prepare for your surgery and recovery.

Also, don’t forget to go back into your control panel and add your surgery date to your profile so you'll be on the calendar and will receive a special greeting from Hyster Sisters.

I hope you'll continue to read and to post any questions that you may have - we'll do our best to help.

S
Unread 11-27-2004, 07:32 PM
Pillow

Hi Ssailor:

Welcome to Hystersisters!!

I had a LAVH/BSO and a SPARC bladder sling and a pillow did come in handy. Specially since I have kitties. I felt protected in case one of them wanted in my lap. And it came in handy on the ride home from the castle. I put it between me and the seatbelt.

Hope this helps!!

LaDonna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2004, 07:39 PM

I can't say enough about the pillows. They've been great and I can't figure out why. But I had a LAVH/BSO eight days ago and have been using pillows in bed and while lounging on the couch or even just walking around. They just take the ache out of all that stitchwork that's been done on the inside. I use a body pillow at night and it's wonderful. Plus there's a pillow on top and a pillow behind my back. It's great!! Now if I could only figure out how to make myself comfortable at the computer cuz I can certainly feel it if I'm online too long. So gotta get back to resting!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register