when can I have a bath? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

when can I have a bath? when can I have a bath?

Unread 12-17-2005, 04:23 PM
when can I have a bath?

Silly question maybe, but I wasn't told anything by my dr., so I'll ask. I had a tvh on dec 12. What were those of you who had a tvh told? I shower daily, but I can't wait to bathe!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2005, 04:36 PM
when can I have a bath?

When I had my TVH I was told that I could take a bath as soon as I got home. But each is different so you may want to check with them first. It was one of the best baths I ever had though. My dr said that it would help with the aches and pains and it did! Good Luck! Maybe you can get that bath soon.
Unread 12-17-2005, 04:39 PM
when can I have a bath?

I hear ya sister, I had my hyst on the 6th and Dear Dr said no doing nothing till I go see him on the 5th of Jan. He actually said "Nope dont ask, you cant do anything till you come back for a visit in Jan". That was Thursday when I was there to get staples removed. I had a TAH and my itchy-swelly belly needs a hot bath!!! As well as my dang nerves, it is so relaxing to lay in the garden tub for an hour, candles light, low music....AWWWW....I miss it!
Well when you find out let me know too...LOL! Hope it wont be too much longer. Hope you are doing well in your recovery!
HUGS<Susan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2005, 06:16 PM
when can I have a bath?

Im soooooo ready for a HOT bath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 12-17-2005, 08:29 PM
when can I have a bath?

We have the same anniversary date!! I just told my husband that I would give my right ovary for a bath...then I remembered, don't have a right one or a left one...lol. I think it's about 2 weeks until I can get into a tub. I'm probably better off, I have alot of side pain and would probably slip and slide and kill myself!!! Good luck on your recovery!!
Unread 12-17-2005, 08:41 PM
when can I have a bath?

There are many threads on this site about when you can take a bath! You can search for them with the search tab at the top, right of the screen.

As has been mentioned, each dr gives different instructions, but many say no for at least a few weeks after a hyst. Be sure to ask your dr, wouldn't want you to wait any longer than necessary! But you also don't want to take any unneccesary risks.

Best wishes to you for your recovery!
Unread 12-17-2005, 09:52 PM
when can I have a bath?

My doctor told me that my stitches and incisions had to be healed before I could take a bath. For me, I had to wait SIXTEEN whole weeks before I was able to get into that wonderful, hot bath. It was the best bath I have EVER had!

I can't shower, so with no bathtub baths, I was having to clean up with a sinkfull of water and a washcloth and soap. I tell ya, I really looked forward to that first bath!

I was able to squeeze in several baths before I was told I had to stop again due to a vaginal infection. Once again, I am dreaming about that hot bath.

Call your doc and ask, and when he gives you the go-ahead, have a great time soaking!

s
Nikki
Unread 12-18-2005, 06:11 AM
when can I have a bath?

Thanks for the replies and well wishes ladies! I'll call my dr tomorrow and ask him "when"! I wish all of you well in your recovery too!
Unread 12-18-2005, 08:23 AM
when can I have a bath?

I had LATVH and in hospital I asked about baths as I love them. I was given the ok but I haven't used any smellies because I am worried about infection, I am still discharging a bit. You need to check as there are so many conflicting answers on this site.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register