I'm soooo angry... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm soooo angry... I'm soooo angry...

Unread 09-12-2002, 01:50 PM
I'm soooo angry...

Hi everyone...I am so upset right now and I don;t know where to turn...I just talked to the hospital where my surgery will be. When I talked to them in June, they thought late Sept/early Oct for my date. Now I'm looking at January. I orginally saw the doc in April. To make matters worse, I got a call from the hospital in August as they had a cancellation for the following week. I was unable to take it as we were leaving on holidays in 2 days...now I wish I had!!!! I have been going with the thoughts that I was soooo close to the end of the pain & the beginning of the rest of my life...now I'm faced with another 6 months.
Anyway, I know it can't be changed & I have to be patient...I just needed to vent...and I know you all will understand my frustration. If you think of it, please pray with me for a cancellation so maybe they'll call me again...
thanks girls...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2002, 02:43 PM
I'm soooo angry...

Michelle,

I'm so sorry that your surgery is being rescheduled, and to a date so far away. I see that you're in Canada, and I know your healthcare system works differently from ours, so unfortunately, I don't know whether there is anything that you can do.

We do have other Canadian members, though, so I am hoping that one of them will have an idea for you.

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

's

Karen
Unread 09-12-2002, 03:02 PM
oh my

Oh, Mich, you have reason to feel upset. We get our mind set on what we have to face and then to learn of it being postponed is such a let down. It will take a little time to regroup and get used to the new date. I am sorry that it is so far off. Time does pass by quickly though and hopefully it will in this case.
Is there any way they can put you on some sort of waiting list? I know that sounds odd and it would be hard to be prepared at the last minute! ?? Can your doctor rush things somehow?

Bless you as you learn patience and wait a while longer,

Lynn/Cappy in chat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2002, 03:13 PM
I'm soooo angry...

Thank you for responding so quickly.
In British Columbia you see a surgeon & then you go on their waiting list for surgery. They will call if there is a cancellation & I will be ready to go whenever they do call...but I'm pretty far down the list. The only way to get in sooner is if it is deemed an emergency or urgent. I am deemed to be elective surgery (I elect to no longer live in chronic pain) so I have no priority. That also means I get bumped for more serious cases.
Oh well...gotta move on
Destined to stay a
Unread 09-12-2002, 03:38 PM
I'm soooo angry...

Oh, I'm so sorry Mich That is a long time to wait. Is this a problem with the health care in BC? No other hospital? Well, you can vent here anytime...I don't blame you for being so upset.
s to you,
Unread 09-12-2002, 06:01 PM
I'm soooo angry...

Hello Michelle,

I am sorry to hear that you still don't have a date and that surgery seems to be soooooooooooo far off. Believe me I know the feeling, I've been there. From the time I saw my gyn to the actual hyster I had to wait 8 months. It's hard on your nerves, your emotions and especially your quality of life.

Yes, our health care here in Canada is quite different and it seems that in general we have to wait much longer for what is considered elective surgeries in comparison with our U.S. sisters. But on the positive side we do not have Insurance Companies second guessing our doctors opinion and telling them that they will not approve the hyster untill such in such other options are done. When you think about it by the time the patient's HMO finaly o.k.'s the hyster the patient may have been beating around the bush for more than a year or two. If you do the math........................ well it does not seem any faster.

I waited from dec/2000 to april/2001 before I was giving a tentative date for my hyster. Then in April I was told it would be some time in late June but to call back for the date. I even had the hospital call me in for my pre-op at the begining of June and still did not have an actual date for the hyster. Well finaly the secretary called and toll me that I could not have the hyster at the end of June because my doctor had patients with possible cancer and since he had limited O.R. time and with the vacation time upon us that my hyster would be pushed back to August. I finaly had my hyster on Aug 14/2001.

I really found it hard not knowing WHEN!!! I just wanted to get on with the rest of my life "please". But what I did not find hard was coming to these message boards and finding all the understanding and support that I needed. My family was o.k. but just could not understand what this waiting was doing to me.

They say there is a silver lining in every cloud. May I suggest you make hyster sister your silver lining. I know that this site is what kept me going and gave me the resolve and the courage to wait and deal with all of this. May I wish that you find the same.

Take care,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register