Emotional and need advice - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Emotional and need advice Emotional and need advice

Unread 05-08-2008, 03:57 AM
Emotional and need advice

I have also been on many different antidepressents for many years now, I am now on Zoloft and has seemed to help me alot it doesn't make me feel so out of it as most of the others would. I was tried on the cymbalta before the zoloft, it did me great also, only it didn't keep my panic attacks under control very well, had one almost everyday.

I know about the crying spells, I also go through them for no reason at all, my DH will ask me what's wrong and I say nothing and he says why are you crying and I will say, I don't know and he says well there has to be a reason, and I will say no there doesn't you just don't understand and I really don't either when they hit like this. I also can be freezing one minute and feeling like I am going to burst into flames the next.

I keep a fan next to me always and also a blanket and socks, which seem to just come on and off on a constant basis.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2008, 12:30 PM

I too and crying over everything. Is this going to continue. I was on Zoloft a few years and really don't want to do that step again if I can help it. IS this just part of then taking everything?
Unread 05-08-2008, 03:20 PM

I take lexapro 10 mg for a few yrs now.When I started I was on 20mg & it was to much I had weight gain.At 10mg I am fine,it stopped my easy tears & panic attacks & I take it at bedtime.Women have told me it helps with the hot flashes.I dont know I havent had any,I have occasional night sweats & had them before the surgury.I have one ovary & it seems to be working & I do seem to get pms symptoms.But plenty of ladies with both have went on hrt after the hyster because they werent working.I think if you have hot flashes & emotional symptoms that persist you need to discuss it with you're doc it is disappointing that so many docs dont seem to be listening.Mine is a lady & she was very careful to ask about my symptoms at each checkup
Unread 05-08-2008, 04:13 PM

Thanks gals for all the much needed and appreciated advice. I keep a notepad next to me so I can jot down question's to ask the family dr. when i see him wed. I'm gonna try to get him to at least test my hormone levels and if they are normal I think we might need to play around with my zoloft dose or try something new (i've been on it a long time). I hate to hear that others are feeling like this too but, it also brings great comfort that I'm not alone and going crazy. My DH is beginning to think I am, he's been great through everything, I just know he wants his wife back, and I'm hoping she's here somewhere, who knows maybe we'll both have to get used to the new me, maybe I'll never be back to my old self, sometimes I wonder... Take care of yourselves and I hope we all find comfort soon.
Unread 05-08-2008, 06:53 PM

Hi Venus, I kept my ovaries after my TAH and they finally kicked in after about three weeks. I have a friend that is on Cymbalta for depression and she found out that it actually helps with her hot flashes too!!

Maybe you can ask the Dr if Cybalta will work for you. Good Luck

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register