Not good news.........now I am depressed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Not good news.........now I am depressed Not good news.........now I am depressed

Unread 09-24-2004, 04:26 PM
Not good news.........now I am depressed

I am bawling even as I type this so please forgive any mistakes I make in spelling or english.

I went to my doctor today and as some of you know my ins woes......she broke the news to me that they won't only not pay for the surgery but they also will not pay for ANY "band aid treatments" to help ease some pain until they will pay for it. She said they are being very difficult and she spent an hour and half with me just talking to me and going through my chart and history trying to find anything that she might can use but nothing. She tried every diagnosis possible and they still say no. She even agreed to doing some of the "band aid treatments" the ins told her needed to be done and then they tell her....well, we won't cover those either. So I just don't know what to do. I am totally beside myself and I just don't know how much longer I can live with this pain.

My doctor is so good that she even offered to literally write off her part of the surgery if I decided to make payments to the hospital on their part. That right there would be a min of $15,000 as she put it and I told her there was NO way that I could come up with any money for that and sure can't afford another payment. Which she understood but she said she wanted to lay that offer on the table because she knows how much pain I am in and besides that I use to work for her husband years ago so she feels she knows me pretty well. So she is a very compassionate person and a good doctor and I am blessed with her but even with her doing her part for free I still can't pay for the surgery.

I am so ticked right now with the ins co. It is ridiculous. Needless to say we will be fighting this...........and hubby is even talking about getting an attorney. But until then I am just stuck.

Just wanted to update you all and thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2004, 04:43 PM

Hi Sister
I am so sorry to hear about your problems. My prayers will be with you and try if you can to calm yourself you are already in pain and this stress is not going to help that. If I can help with someone to talk to pm me or I will keep checking here to see if you are ok. Everything will work out some how.
Unread 09-24-2004, 04:49 PM

I am so sorry that your appointment didn't go well today. I feel so bad for you. It sounds like you have a wonderful doctor who cares so much about your well-being that she has taken a lot time and done so much for you. It was really nice of her to offer her services to you at no cost. There aren't many doctors who would go that far with a patient.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you will get some much needed relief soon! Keep your chin up...I am behind you!

Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2004, 02:55 AM

I was wondering if you could apply to the hospital for a grant. If your dr is willing to do her part for free, you might get a grant for part or all of the hospital part. I got a grant when my second child was born and we had no insurance because my husband was unemployed just then. It sure came as a surprise to me that hospitals even had grants. It would be worth checking out.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register