LAVH 3 weeks post hysterectomy, was supposed to return to work by now | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 weeks post hysterectomy, was supposed to return to work by now 3 weeks post hysterectomy, was supposed to return to work by now

Unread 04-28-2016, 03:03 PM
3 weeks post hysterectomy, was supposed to return to work by now

Today is 3 weeks from my vaginal hysterectomy- I had internal bleeding and they had to go in laparoscopically that same night to drain 2.5 liters of blood. I had 3 units of blood transfused. So I get why I've had so much fatigue but have been eating lots of liver (bleh) to beef up my blood count and iron. I was feeling more energetic and less painful for the last 4 days until yesterday I just felt like a veil dropped over me- don't want to talk, I'm forcing myself to walk around a little because lying in bed all the time makes everything hurt. I was supposed to go back to work tomorrow -it entails lots of walking standing talking in busy retail store. This has been extended to next week--how can I possibly work when I feel like this? If I don't go back to work I will lose my mind-I do best when I'm busy. My husband is worrying because I was doing better and today all of a sudden I'm not engaging with anything. Is this depression? If so do I fight or just roll with it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2016, 10:25 AM
Re: 3 weeks post hysterectomy, was supposed to return to work by now

I'm sorry you have hit a wall. It's hard to know exactly what's happening, but sometimes recovery does have ups and downs. If you plan to return to work next week, it's probably best to be up and around, with rest intervals, to see how you will do. If that's not possible, you may need to extend your time off and work up to it. Are you on the wake-sleep hours you'll need for work? That can make a big difference. If you have the same hours, but can't manage to be up a full day, it's unlikely working a full day will go well. I hope you feel better soon, I wish recovery was more predictable.
Unread 04-30-2016, 10:37 AM
Re: 3 weeks post hysterectomy, was supposed to return to work by now

Thank you, always helps to get ideas/perspective from outside yourself- I should have read more to know that 3 weeks is just the beginning

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register