2 weeks post Endometrial Ablation advice pls! (Oct 2016) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 weeks post Endometrial Ablation advice pls! (Oct 2016) 2 weeks post Endometrial Ablation advice pls! (Oct 2016)

Unread 10-29-2016, 09:22 PM
2 weeks post Endometrial Ablation advice pls! (Oct 2016)

I'm 32 yrs old, I have 2 children aged 13 & 4. Since I gave birth to my 4 year old I've basically been bleeding since. Prior to this my periods were very erratic. Was a difficult time TTC. After many attempts to stop the bleeding I ended up needing an EA. prior to the surgery I had tried every type of BCP out there, IUD, Depo Provera, had a D&C in 2015, and multiple ultrasounds.
Anyways, I guess my main question is how long did you bleed post EA? I had the ablation and tubal ligation done on October 4/16. I bled the day of surgery, then stopped for 2 days, then the discharge/bleeding started. At first it was light. Now the amount of bleeding and colour of it ranges throughout the day. Not as heavy as it was pre ablation as I only need to wear a liner instead of a pad but wow, it's been almost 4 weeks! Any advice would be very beneficial to me! I don't want a hysterectomy, that's why I chose to have the ablation done. Now I'm scared that the ablation isn't going to work and I'm going to need the hysterectomy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2016, 10:27 AM
Re: Endometrial Ablation advice pls!

Have you checked with your GYN? I would suggest a call to be sure what you're experiencing is to be expected. I'm sure it's disappointing to still have bleeding, but your Dr has probably seen the range of normal and can answer your question.
Unread 10-30-2016, 10:33 AM

No I haven't checked with my GYN yet. I'm going to make a call to his office tomorrow though. I'm just so worried this isn't going to work. So frustrating to bleed for the past 4 years and now this surgery may not have worked.
But I'm trying to stay positive about it and that I'm hoping within the next few weeks it'll stop. Was hoping to hear if other women had continued to bleed after their EA and that eventually it stopped without further interventions. Hmmm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-04-2016, 01:38 AM

I had my endometrial ablation about 3 1/2 months ago. I spotted and had watery discharge for a few days after. It stopped for a day or two and then started back up lightly bleeding again. Then I started my period. I had watery discharge for about 2 weeks, but not bad. However, a friend of mine had spotting for about 10 weeks so it varies, I'm sure. I have a walnut sized fibroid that the ablation seems to have aggravated, so my last few periods have been crampier, but they HAVE been LIGHTER....just not all that awesomely great I was hoping they would nearly disappear, but they basically just became normal periods. Regular and super tampon level. Before the ablation I was bleeding all over the danged place on days 2-4 of my period, so I guess I shouldn't complain! This is my fourth period since the ablation and it seems lighter yet, so I'm wondering if a little long term healing is needed to really know how well the ablation took.
I have other issues as well and my GP and the GYN have been leaning toward hysterectomy too. But I think it's really good to try out an ablation as an alternative first. Maybe if will work great for you. Like I said, some people end up period free or very light and that sounds pretty fabulous!
Unread 11-04-2016, 07:57 AM

I had one on Saturday. I'm still spotting and cramping... Hope that helps
Unread 11-04-2016, 08:45 AM

i had an ablation in october 2015. my experience was i had very little discharge of any kind for about a week and a half. then all that clearish fluid finally decided to expel.

i also had a tar like substance pass (dead tissue etc but was certainly odd in colour and consistency)

though my ablation is a failure and i leak tar like goo randomly all the time (seeing my dr to talk about hysterectomy next week) i did stop actually loosing the surgical fluids etc later than some people ... was well over two months before the majority of it was out.
all in all my dr assured me this wasn't abnormal in the healing process.

not sure this helps ease your mind as the ablation didn't work for me BUT... i did stop loosing fluids in bulk pretty late (and my new *periods* do not require much in the way of protection... just brownish black goop that shows up when i wipe)
Unread 02-13-2017, 11:11 AM

Hi! I had an ablation and tubal on Oct. 26, and have had maybe 20 days without some bleeding/spotting since. My periods have been about 50% lighter. I have a LSH scheduled for March 22.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register