Another Surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Another Surgery Another Surgery

Unread 06-27-2002, 07:40 PM
Another Surgery

I had my right ovary and tube removed Oct., 2000. And a TAH in Sept, 2001, now I have to have my left ovary removed July 2002.
This frustrates me so bad because they could have done it all I had my TAH last year. They told me my ovary was fine last year during surgery, now I have a cyst on it that is the size of the ovary itself, so now I am looking at another surgery and hormone replacement. I am so stressed now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2002, 08:23 PM
Another Surgery

Hi Sweetie, I dicided to get it all done for the same reason. The Dr. found a cyst on only one ovary in addition to the fibroid, she said that she could do what ever I would like,but suggested that because I'm kind of antsy about the prospect of surgery I just get it all taken care of at one time. Heck, I'm almost 45 and have all the kids I could want. I don't want them to find something else to have to remove a year or so down the road! I will pray for you because I can only imagine the frustration you feel!! I'm really sorry for you dear. You will be fine tho!! God Bless you.......Betsy
Unread 06-27-2002, 08:24 PM
Oh Hon!

I'm so sorry you are having to go through surgery once again. I really do feel for you.
When I talked to my Dr. the first time he mentioned a hysterectomy he said if he left my ovaries it wouldn't guarantee the pain would be gone due to my pelvic congestion. The more I thought about the more I thought- he better take it all I don't want to go through surgery again.
However, he has since then convinced me to try and leave the ovaries. His explaination is that he can go in and remove the ovaries by laproscopy. I hope he is right on this one!
Hang in there, it will be over with soon. This has to be the last one right?
I've heard some really great things about the hormone jungle- you might want to hop on over there before hand if you haven't already!
We will all be praying for you!

June
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2002, 07:13 PM
Another Surgery

Well the dr. called today to tell me the insurance company would not approve my laperoscopy for ovary and tube removal. The only was they would approe it is if he goes in through the abdomin and I stay in the hospital 2 nights. Dr. was just going to keep me overnight with the lap. but the insurance said nom that I could go home that same day. So doc is going to do it abdominally, I just had my hysterectomy last Sept. and now I have to go through all of that again. Not looking forward to that.

Mary
Unread 07-03-2002, 10:08 PM
Another Surgery

these insurance companies are a pain in the neck!
Well cya246, is there anything else you would like removed? One of the other sisters said why don't they just put a zipper in me!

This is outrageous...and I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. We can only make the best decision at the time and you gave your body every opportunity. Please don't feel badly about your past decision. Hind sight is always so clear.

You will find a hormone that will work for you. Start hitting the hormone jungle here on site and go for a doctor who just does gyn and hrt for your future.

Sounds like you may not have any say in this, but I would try an appeal letter for the lesser of the two surgeries. If it is out of your hands then let it go. Keep telling yourself that you can do this one last time...then it's over for good.

you deserve three beautiful golden crowns with rubbies!
Maralyn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register