severe endo for 22 yrs now its time for the big H! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

severe endo for 22 yrs now its time for the big H! severe endo for 22 yrs now its time for the big H!

Unread 07-18-2002, 11:48 PM
severe endo for 22 yrs now its time for the big H!

i have had endometriosis since i was 19 - worst case the gyno had seen for the age (first time i ever won a competition!). have had various surgeries in 1983.1984.1985. plus treatment with danazol, zoladex and a mirena implant in 2001. i have been haemorraging and am critically anaemic now so they have told me to have a hyster. i have already lost left ovary, 1 foot of bowel (including sigmoid colon) back in 1985. i have serious concerns about the surgery and is there anyone out there who has had this incidious disease, had the hyster and came out smiling?? i would love to hear from you?? all advice will be welcomed.

cheers bec
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2002, 06:45 AM
severe endo for 22 yrs now its time for the big H!

Well....hello....I know what you are saying about all of the problems you are experencing. Welcome to the club...I didnt think I would ever feel good again. I am 7 weeks post-op come this coming Monday and I am doing GREAT. I work in the Medical Field and in fact went back to work yesterday. I had the TAH done 6/3 and don't regret it a bit. I was so severly anemic it was nothing for me to be just standing and talking to someone and I would pass out. I was taking 325 mg of RX iron 2x a day and it got to where my body was rejecting the iron and wasn't helping at all. My last period I had I went through 2 bags of over nighters and 1/2 bag of supers. They were subpose to do the TVH on me but 20 mins into surgery they ran into complications and said the uterus wouldn't drop and I started bleeding badly. Turned out instead of me just haveing cystic fibers on my ovaries and my uterus, the uterus was one HUGE cystic fiber itself. They said some where in one of my child births yrs ago apparently I got and infection during child birth and the doctor never caught it...well...how wonderful of him not to notice. But, I am doing fine and I am sure you will do fine as well. They say the fear is the worse part and I have to say it is. Even though I am in the medical field I was scared to death, I guess cause it was me they were working on this time,and it wasn't me working on someone else. It's so different when you are on the other end of things. Do email any time and I will certainly do the same in return I love getting email.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register