Anyone else have an uneventful recovery? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else have an uneventful recovery? Anyone else have an uneventful recovery?

Unread 05-17-2007, 04:07 PM
Anyone else have an uneventful recovery?

My recovery has gone so smooth so far. I'm just over 1 month into it. I feel like my patch is doing it's job, I'm pooping on a regular basis, no gas, no pulling, pains or discharges. I've even lost 10lbs. I feel so lucky so far....crossing fingers.

I've been walking the past 10 days, 5-6 miles a day. I feel so good and am staying active. I feel like my old self again and am thankful that my recovery has been uneventful.

I have the swollen belly, but actually it's smaller than when I had the fibroids so I'm even ok with the belly. I hate my scar, so if I had to complain about anything, that would be it....but even that is small and hidden in my pubes.

Just wondering who all has had a good recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2007, 04:40 PM
Great Reovery

My surgery was on 4/24 and was the best decision I could have made. I had been fighting hemorrhaging bleeding problems on and off for 4 years. I change Dr's and found one that was the best ever. I had heard so many stories of having to go back for repairs or having a horrible recovery. My Dr. removed my uterus/cervix tubes and ovaries all through my vagina. I was astonished when I was in recovery and looking for stitches on my abdomen and couldn't find any. I was suppose to have small incisions on but my Dr. said he didn't have to make them. He was able to get cyst,fibroids and polyps all out without any. The only stitches I have are internal. I spent overnight in the hospital and went home the following day. Went back for my 1 week ck and the nurse couldn't believe how good I was feeling she said I even had a bounce in my step. I have only had one bad day 3 days after surgery I started taking the fiber drink and stool softeners. Boy was my tummy sore. I quit taking everything including pain meds the next day and used the recipe that I found on your site for easy BM's and wow, I felt fantastic.I have to keep reminding myself I have had surgery so I don't do to much.I even passed on the recipe to 2 members of my family w/ constipation issues its tasty and does a great job. Here it is again 1 cup of bran cereal, 1cup applesauce, 1 cup of prune juice. I make it in a zip lock keep it in the frig and take 2 TBL 2x a day it's very gentle! I do still get a little crampy but feel totally blessed with my recovery I only wish I would have done this sooner.
Thanks for all your info, this site is very helpful!
Unread 05-17-2007, 05:59 PM

I wouldn't say my recovery has been uneventful per say. I really haven't had to deal with a lot of pain after the 2nd week. But I still get pain, however it seems less everyday. I'm still not pooping easily, despite my taking a stool softner every other day. I still have some mild hot flashes and sleeping problems. NOt every night, thankfully. But a few times a week. I am just starting to feel pretty good, and have energy in the morning. I don't need the Motrin anymore, but I still have swelling and I still will get very sore at the end of the day and if I've walked too much. As long as I take it easy and don't do much, then I feel pretty good. It's when I start to do things that I start to feel crappy. I guess I'm healing as scheduled. I certainly know there are plenty of sisters who are having more problems than I am. I have started experiencing sore stomach muscles. Sometimes it feels like I've done 100 situps, even though I havent'. DH thinks it's from not using them for 4 weeks. I go for my first check up this monday. Can't wait!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2007, 06:10 PM

Duddleydudette,

I'm glad to hear your recovery is uneventful. Mine was too. I think mine was uneventful because of all I went through prior to my tah/bso.

I hope the rest of your recovery continues to go well.

Unread 05-17-2007, 07:43 PM

My surgery and recovery has been totally uneventful. Everything went as expected and at 6 weeks I have the go ahead to resume all my regular activities. The only glich was my husband broke his foot the day before my surgery and had a cast and was on crutches. He was not able to help as expected.
Unread 05-17-2007, 07:48 PM

I too am blessed with an uneventful recovery. Today is my 3 week anniversary. Pain is minimal, incision healed well and I am doing more and more baby steps each day.
If I only can keep from sneezing!
Unread 05-17-2007, 09:00 PM

Even after all my crazy stunts, like backpacking 17 days post op, I'm also having an uneventful recovery. Almost put in a 40 work week. Tomorrow is TGIF!
Unread 05-17-2007, 09:24 PM
Wasn't a major thing for me either

I am almost 5 months post op, and for the most part nothing to complain about, just normal soreness and healing. I must be a boring person for the Doctor.
Unread 05-17-2007, 09:33 PM

My recovery has gone well. My only complaint has been the lack of sleep. I did a lot yesterday and last night I was up every hour. Muscles get sore when I fall asleep at least 4-5 nights a week. But even with the lack of sleep I'm very energized every day. That wasn't the norm before surgery.

Other than that, I'm doing great, walking daily, and driving!!!! Mood swings under control, night sweats are going to gone and hot flashes are minimal now that I'm aware of what triggers them.

Wishing full and happy recoveries to all!
Unread 05-17-2007, 09:37 PM

TAH/BSO on 4/23

no HRT - no issues yet (will there be?? or is this to good to be true)
Still some pain. No more meds. Just waiting for my body to heal. Very fortunate compared to the many stories I have read. My best to all..........

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register