October 23, 2012 - Hysterectomy with removal of uterus and cervix | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

October 23, 2012 - Hysterectomy with removal of uterus and cervix October 23, 2012 - Hysterectomy with removal of uterus and cervix

Unread 11-02-2012, 08:45 PM
October 23, 2012 - Hysterectomy with removal of uterus and cervix

Hi,
I am coming here for lots of great information from those that have gone through this procedures. I had a rough five days in the hospital, with what was initially supposed to be an overnight stay. I was anemic before surgery, I developed pneumonia and a blood clot in my lung after surgery and had a blood transfusion of one pint of blood. My surgery went well considering my uterus was over 250 grams. I had fibroids inside and outside my uterus as well as on my cervix, thus my cervix ended up being removed. Overall I feel okay, just get tired, short of breath and irritable. Oh, and I ended up with a yeast infection thanks to the antibiotics for the pneumonia.
Appreciate any info or advice anyone may be able to offer.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Re: October 23, 2012 - Hysterectomy with removal of uterus and cervix

The best advice I can give is to take care of yourself, allow yourself time to heal and rest...you will get stronger, I can tell I am stronger this week than I was last, but we have had major surgery and YOU have had complications that you will bounce back from but don't push it...the saying around here is Pamper the Princess and it is important! Also follow your Dr's advice as far as activity, lifting restrictions, sex, driving and whatever else...he/she actually knows your insides better than you do at this time and those rules are there for a reason, to protect you! And last but not least listen to your body, eat when it say eat, rest when it says rest and so on....oh and one more thing angry bladder is not fun :0 Good luck and believe me, you have found an amazing place for support...we have alot of sisters who understand us in ways our family and friends can't!
Unread 11-02-2012, 10:52 PM
Re: October 23, 2012 - Hysterectomy with removal of uterus and cervix

Everything that you are feeling is pretty normal. You body has been through a lot, with the surgery plus you're battling the other things also. You will get your energy back. One of the most important things is to be patient with your recovery. You are going to have some good days and some not so good ones. You are going to get to where you need to be, just give it time and Follow your doctor's instructions, and get plenty of rest. Try and make sure to walk a little. A little difficult I know with the shortness of breath. Not marathons just a little at a time gradually increasing it. Listen to your body. Sometimes when we start feeling good, we start pushing a little too much and it kindly or not so kindly lets us know to rest it.
This is an excellent site with excellent information and excellent support.
I found this site the day before my surgery. I absolutely love this community. Check out the post op check points on this site. It's broken down by weeks so it gives you a pretty good idea of where you are in the recovery process.

Good luck on your recovery Hopefully the yeast infection and pneumonia will be a thing of the past soon so that you can just focus on your recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register