4 days pre-op and i think i am getting sick! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 days pre-op and i think i am getting sick! 4 days pre-op and i think i am getting sick!

Unread 02-16-2008, 04:33 PM
4 days pre-op and i think i am getting sick!

Hello all,
I am very worried! I had my whole household sick all last week and I made it through fine. Now they are all better and I think I am getting sick. My throat hurts on one side and i am starting to feel a little congested. I cannot have them postpone this surgery. I have waited way too long for it. If anyone has any advise about what to try to do. I know I can't take any asprin but is there something i can do that won't interfere with my surgery. I am having my surgery at a charity type hospital and so its hard for me to just call a doctor and get in to see him with a regular "I have cold" appt. I am just praying that it goes away before I go to the hospital on tuesday for blood typing.
my day is finally getting here, I 've dealt with horrible pain for the last year and am so ready to get this over with- i definitely don't want to have to postpone.
thanks ladies for your wonderful support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2008, 04:39 PM

Hang in there mew68! You still have 4 days and hopefully can kick that cold in the butt by then. I was feeling really bad the day before my surgery and was really scared of having to cancel. Luckily I just drank a ton of water and OJ, and had chicken noodle soup, and woke up the day of surgery feeling fine.

I would call you Dr. on Monday morning if you are still feeling bad and he can give you a better idea of how this might affect your surgery.

All my best wishes for feeling better!!!!!
Unread 02-16-2008, 06:09 PM

I second the lots of liquids, OJ and Chicken soup. I felt a little scratchy last week and had the same "NO WAY CAN I POSTPONE THIS !!!!" feeling, so I know exactly what you mean. I made chicken soup one day last week and felt fine the next day. I made another batch this past week just to be sure LOL.
Hang in there and rest, have plenty of fluids, and keep yourself warm and pampered.
We're almost there !!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2008, 03:06 AM

In addition maybe something like airbourne or zicam?

My surgery is monday, H is SICK now I started taking the airbourne yesterday and I do feel better shortly after taking it. Also maybe gargle with warm salt water and saline nose spray.

Good luck!
Unread 02-17-2008, 04:07 AM

Please call your doctor and explain that you think you're getting sick. If you can't reach them call the hospital and tell them you are having surgery Wednesday and need to speak to someone about this. Until you speak to a doctor or a nurse, I would caution against taking anything at all that might result in your surgery being rescheduled.

I hope you feel better soon.
Unread 02-17-2008, 05:33 AM

Hi ~

I was starting to get a cold right before my surgery also. I went straight to my GP and told him that I was having surgery in a couple of days. He gave me Z-Pack.

Good Luck!
Unread 02-17-2008, 05:35 AM

thanks ladies,
i woke up this morning feeling sick! my throat is definitely hurting and I am more congested (not bad but enough to cause think its progressing). about to do warm salt water gargle. I have to go to church to teach Sunday School and get someone to replace me in Children's Church but then I am coming home early and getting in my recliner and drinking lots of fluids, oj and getting some soup. If not better in the AM, I will call the doctor and see what they tell me to do. I am a firm believer in Prayer and will ask God to take this away from me before my surgery! So, if any of you ladies are prayer warriors, please join me in my prayer to be healed from this so that my surgery could go forward.
Thanks
marta
Unread 02-18-2008, 04:58 AM

My TAH surgery is the same day as your's — and I've got a cold too!
And, Christ is my Savior and hope as well! Praise His Holy Name!
I'll include you in my prayers.

My best friend said colds are three days coming, three days
staying and three days leaving. I got mine last week.
I've been drinking fluids like crazy and trying to stay at home as much
as possible.
He knows how it will all turn out - I'm dreading having a sore throat and
not being able to drink anything; if I get to have surgery at all with this
rotten cold.

Unread 02-18-2008, 06:28 AM

Hi again ladies
well, God is good. I ended up coming home from church yesterday with a fever and feeling awful. I cried because of my fear of this surgery being cancelled. I drank oj, soup and lots of water. Praise God, I woke up this morning and NO FEVER. that is my biggest concern. I am calling the clinic as soon as 8am gets here and telling them that I have head congestion and a mild sore throat (its mild now, not yesterday)-and see what they tell me. I am hoping they tell me to take some over the counter meds to clear me up and that the surgery is not in danger of cancellation. that is my prayer!
thanks for all the advise and support. i appreciate you all. this site is definitely a Godsend.
blessings
Unread 02-18-2008, 10:39 AM

Hello, I am new here and my day was Feb. 20. I got sick with the crude this weekend and my Dr. cancelled the surgery. Biggest concern was having an open airway, free of congestion. I am so bummed. My parents just left Arizona this morning to be here for my recovery, all the scheduling I have done around this date, Agh! I do believe that everything has a reason and that God is good, but still I am so disappointed. I have rescheduled for March 19 (earliest date). This really messes up my time line......I will just trust.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register