Question about my hair.. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question about my hair.. Question about my hair..

Unread 08-22-2002, 10:25 PM
Question about my hair..

My surgery is Tuesday, and I was thinking of getting a haircut and eyebrow wax over the weekend. I am wondering if getting my highlights done is ok, or does the meds turn it green or something??LOL, just kidding, does anyone know if that is ok to do before surgery? I just want to make it easy on myself after the fact..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2002, 10:30 PM
Question about my hair..

Hi,

I had exactly the same thought before my surgery! I went ahead and colored so that I wouldn't have to for a while afterwards. No problem at all. I did have a problem with the color taking after the surgery though... hormonal changes wreak all kinds of havoc on some of us!

Go ahead, and have the nurses take a picture of beautiful you in your new crown to post for all of us so we'll know you did great!

s,
-Linda
Unread 08-23-2002, 05:17 AM
I had mine done Thurs

My surgery is Mon morning and I got a haircut and had my heavy heavy hilites done Thurs night. Looks fine. I set my next appt for 5 weeks after, figured by then everything should be out of my system because I heard about problems getting color to take afterwards for awhile. Can't remember what they said the reason was.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-23-2002, 06:57 AM
Question about my hair..

Hi Mrs Irvin!

Yes, I also had my hair cut and highlighted on Saturday prior to my surgery on Wednesday with no problem. My technician that does my color said that we might have some problems after the surgery, but he will work with me to get it right!

I would be interested to hear what kind of issues anyone has had with hair color after surgery, just so I'll know maybe what to expect.

Good luck with your surgery!

Denise
Unread 08-23-2002, 07:44 AM
Question about my hair..

Hi, I had my hair highlighted a few days before my surgery ( first time in my life) & I'm glad I did. It hid the gray & made me feel better! I say go for it!. s
Unread 08-23-2002, 11:15 AM
Question about my hair..

I don't know about highlights, but here's a though... I had my hair cut just before my hyst, and I asked my hair guy to cut it "too short" - not the back (which is long), but my bangs, and the fuzzy stuff at the nape of my neck (which just ties itself in knots). I asked him to cut it "so that it would look normal in about 2-3 weeks". That worked pretty well! I got through my recovery without my bangs getting in my eyes, and it didn't tangle too badly. I also braided it loosely in pre-op, and when I finally was alert enough to pay attention a couple of days later it was still braided and brushed out easily. Just some ideas...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register