When will this all end. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

When will this all end. When will this all end.

Unread 07-14-2005, 11:43 PM
When will this all end.

On may 3 2005 I had a TAH. I was in the hospital for 7 days due to complications. I had problems with my bowles and the pain was unbeleiveable..(give me a tooth ache anyday) The day I was to go home the incision broke down and was very infected. From that day on I have had to have it packed twice a day with visiting nurses comeing to my home. They tried the wound vac for a while. It was doing well had close from 81/2 cm to 21/2 was almost home free. Then it broke down again . back to 5. The DR. took me off the vac and went back to repacking it twice a day.. I went back on the vac and now they took it off again because it is infected again. Back to packing.. I have had many complications now the say I have a hernia, my teeth abcessed from the amounts of antibiotics I was given. And I have to go in for a camera test of my insides.. Which can't be done the normal way due to gastric bypass surgery many years ago...My stomach looks like I have an extra set of butt cheeks. or if I wanted to be really naughty I could lift up my shirt a wee bit and tell em they are my boobs.. I feel at a loss.. I have been doing nothing just sitting at this computer playing games or crashing it often and haveing to fix it.. ha ha.. I am alone My house looks like I haven't touched it in over 2 months ... oh yea thats right I haven't... I just am waiting for the next shoe to drop... I to had chest pains and may have to go to a heart dr... and i have two fingers numb..... so I am done pouring my heart out I am getting off the pity pot now.. Oh yea forgot to mention ... THE NIGHT SWEATS.... sometimes I look like I just came out of the swimming pool lol....If there is a light at the end of the tunnel... make it bright bright yellow so I can see it.... Good luck to you all... I just had to vent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2005, 11:55 PM
When will this all end.

Dear Linka,

Good for you--we all need to vent from time to time. Interestingly enough, with all you're going through (and it is a lot ) you haven't lost your sense of humor. We're here for you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

It sounds like even though you've had setbacks and complications you're being monitored and cared for by your . That's good. Sometimes when our symptoms are many we feel ashamed to continue seeking medical attention. With all that 's going on and the potential risk of infection don't keep any of this to yourself. Things will get better. Have patience. Pamper the .

Platypus
Unread 07-15-2005, 12:02 AM
When will this all end.

Thankyou for your response Platypus. I do try to keep a sense of humor and smile. But for a while I couldn't even smile cause one of my caps fell off in the front ha ha... If I had a corncob pipe and some chewwing tobacca I would of been fine lol.. Seriously if I didn't laugh I would cry. I have had my bouts of that.. I am looking at another possible surgery.... Maybe they wil get rid of my butt cheeks ha ha Hugs and thankyou .....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2005, 01:03 AM
When will this all end.

Hiya Linka,
I hope things start looking up for you, Im sorry things have been so hard. Im glad you are able to laugh, its good for us to do. I just wanted to tell you to hang in there, there is a light at the end of the tunnel and you will reach it and feel so much better. Don't give up hope!! I've had complications too, not as bad as you. I understand how frustrating it can be. Keep looking for the funny side of things. We are here for you!!! Come talk to us anytime you want.
Julia
Unread 07-15-2005, 03:25 AM
When will this all end.

Oh Linka,

You're a hoot! "A merry heart is good medicine..." Even in your affliction you bless others with your merry heart. We're praying for your full recovery--even as you make us chuckle.

Blessings,

Platypus
Unread 07-15-2005, 07:59 AM
When will this all end.

Hi Linka,

Even though you are having so many problems, you still have that sense of humor! Good for you! Laughter *really is* the best medicine!

I too would like to say, that light is at the end of the tunnel...you will get there! Just keep pampering yourself and get lots of rest. Best wishes!
Unread 07-15-2005, 09:39 AM
When will this all end.

I HAD MY TVH THE SAME DAY AS YOU!!! I haven't had any complications but can related to the numb fingers.... what's that all about?? Wishing you better luck in the weeks to come, you sure have had your share of set backs. Hang in there and keep up the humor (laughter is the BEST medicine)
BEAMS
Unread 07-15-2005, 09:48 AM
When will this all end.

thankyou for replying. I put the numb fingers to being at this bloody computer so much that I am probly getting carpel tunnel now lol.. I was told the numb fingers could be from the surgery from when I was tied down.. They want me to go to a neorologist but I say enough is enough. for now anyways. I have to much else to deal with... I'll deal with the numb fingers it just go hand and numb hand with my numb brain lately .. forget ful me.. I stutter and stammer like I have a bunch of marbles in my mouth and can't get my thoughts out... Its probly a good thing... People would have to cover there ears... Thankyou all... I wish you all the best..... and I see the yellow light but it is flashing lol.. hugs Linka
Unread 07-15-2005, 09:48 AM
When will this all end.

Oh Linka, I hate to hear that you've had to go through all of this. You've certainly had more than your share of complications. Know that you are in the thoughts and prayers of many hyster sisters, and keep pampering yourself as much as possible. Don't worry about your house--some things can just wait. Let us know how you are doing. Hugs and prayers for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register