TVH questions - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TVH questions TVH questions

Unread 06-15-2007, 07:31 PM
TVH questions

Jackie129,
Recovery time & restrictions also depend on if you have any other repairs done along with your hyster.... another thing to remember is that each person is unique and will heal at different rates... not sure why, but every surgery I have ever had... it always takes me a tad bit longer to heal than the norm

Best of luck... I think you'll get a lot of answers on this site, it's saved my sanity time & time again

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2007, 08:13 PM
TVH questions

Swimming?? No swimming! I had forgotten about that. Sigh!
Unread 06-18-2007, 07:01 PM
TVH questions

You have no idea how much I appreciate you gals sharing your own experiences. You are really helping to prepare me for this. I always seem to either over or under-estimate things, so your words of experience help my perception of how things really will be. After I heard about the catheter and not remembering alot of your visitors, I talked to my DH and we decided not to plan on the kids coming to the hospital to visit that evening. We can always change the plan later if I end up feeling up to it. THANKS!!!!!
Unread 06-18-2007, 09:01 PM
TVH questions

I had a TVH along w/ a rectocele repair almost 6 weeks ago. I felt great the entire time. I did have to come home with a cathater b/c they nicked my bladder and although was in for 8 days it did help me to do "nothing" I've had to mentally remind myself I had a major surgery and to take it easy. I was told by the doc's no lifting over 20 lbs, but didn't lift anything more than a milk jug until this week. I have a 9,6, 2 and 14 month old. So it was/is hard not to pick up the baby all the time (she weighs 27lbs) I didn't have swelly belly at all and have actually lost about 10 lbs since the surgery (I'm wasn't overweight to begin with and my uterus didn't weigh any more than a typical uterus) I've actually just started eating ALOT healthier since the surgery!

Wanted to add that I did have to do a bowel prep. I actually got so sick from it. I felt like I had the flu and vomited more times than I had diarrhea (sorry TMI) I lost almost 4 lbs just in water weight that day!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register