I feel so alone... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I feel so alone... I feel so alone...

Unread 12-08-2008, 01:32 PM
I feel so alone...

Ladies...it is an emotional daya nd while I know that my friends and family care and love me...I still feel so alone. I feel like my husband has totally missed the point of the loss that I will experience with having a hyst at 35. My mother is very supportive but can only focus on the physical improvements that I'll experience. My dad is clueless. My in-laws are worse than that. I am a basket case all of the sudden and scared to death. I know there are others out there and that I am not alone in this world...but right now, in this minute...it sure feels that way! Surgery is the 16th so I still ahve a whole week to go! Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2008, 02:24 PM
I feel so alone...

I feel your pain. I have said the same things you are saying. My husband just doesn't get it either, like its no big deal. My mother had a hyst when she was 24,but that was a long time ago and things are different now. I too feel like I'm alone in this sometimes. This community has helped me soo much. Sometimes I just get on here and lurk around, just reading. It makes me feel better knowing there are thousands of people just like me, feeling my same thoughts and feelings. Hopefully, we'll get through it, just like everyone else, and come out better for it on the otherside.
Unread 12-08-2008, 02:40 PM
I feel so alone...

I totally get what you are saying, I had my hysterectomy last April though I am sooo glad I had it, I am on this loss and emotional roller coaster and feeling alone trip, that is one reason why I joined this group hoping I wont feel so alone know that you arent and it's ok for you to mourn your loss it's ok.... ... We all have to deal with our emotions in our on way and dont let anyone tell you otherwise. Keep your chin up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2008, 06:58 AM
I feel so alone...

I understand those feelings too. I was an emotional mess while waiting for my surgery
I think all the unknown "what if's " can really get to us sometimes. I'm sending lots of good wishes and hugs to you.

Unread 12-09-2008, 07:08 AM
I feel so alone...

I know how you feel too, I have friends who just don't seem to really get what I'm going to be facing friday, they ask how I'm doing and then if it's not the "doing great" answer they want to hear, they quickly lose interest and move on to another topic. People like that just don't know how scary it is and what's it's like for us, so I try and avoid them altogether. You might feel alone as I'm sure all of us have felt at one point or another but you can always come here to talk to us, we are all here to help each other out, like real friends are supposed to do. Keep your chin up, things will get better, as the saying goes "This too, shall pass!"
Unread 12-09-2008, 07:39 AM
I feel so alone...

All I can say is God/Goddess bless this website I had an emergency LSH BPO (I'm 33) and was discharged with NO information. A receptionist from my GP's office told me about this site my first day home (and I was all alone) and I can honestly say, this site has saved my life!!!!! You are so fortunate to have this wonderful place to go to BEFORE!!! Good Luck with your journey and always know that you have sisters here
Unread 12-09-2008, 09:06 AM
you may feel alone

You may feel alone but spiritually you are not, I be the vast majority if not all the women on this site had or have these exact same feelings (small consolation when you're going through it but at least you know you're normal). Since several of you are younger and going through this I would recommend the Sudden Menopause book from this site if you are losing your ovaries. First off the book gives you some great information for your "new normal" life and it also reinforces that you aren't alone.

People are going to get it or they aren't, look for the ones that do and let them be your solace to start with.

Hugs and prayers that you find strength and peace.
Unread 12-09-2008, 10:27 AM
I feel so alone...

My surgery is also on the 16th and I am so scared I can't even tell you. My in laws are no support, they act like it is no big deal. I have spent the last two weeks "nesting" and buying everything I will need for the recovery, cleaning the house, spending extra time with the animals. And although I have friends around me that care, I too feel very alone and scared. Like nobody knows what I am feeling about the surgery. I am 37. I can't stop crying out of fear of the pain. If you would like to talk, feel free to reply to this thread
Unread 12-09-2008, 10:33 AM
I feel so alone...

I feel your pain. I will say a prayer for you as you go into surgery. I am scheduled for February 2nd. My friends don't get it either. They think I am making up all these side affects. My mother is the best one. She doesn't judge. She just lets me vent. Most think I want a pity party, but I don't. I just want to feel better. I have to take these injections of lupron and the side affects from that are driving me crazy. Especially now the depression.
Unread 12-09-2008, 11:24 AM
I feel so alone...

Lolli,
I am also scared and very afraid of the pain. However thanks to all the great sisters here I am able to try and relax a little. Heu every little deep breath helps. The pain will pass. Never again will we be unable to perform daily activities when we are done healing When I was in the army they use to beat a saying into your head. "Pain is only a sign of weakness leaving your body." I have always tried to remember that. Yes we will be sore from the surgery but there are great medications to help out with that. We ALL yes all including me need to relax and remember noone is doing this for fun but for our own personal health related issues. You have a large amount of support here and we all need to give and receive advice from one another. I guess we are lucky to have found so many woman we can relate to. Thank the internet world for hystersisters and all the queens willing to help guide us to the castle and beyond. Under 48 hours and counting. Yes I'm a mess but I will be fine... Gotta keep telling myself that..
Hope you find solace and have a great recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register