There is light at the end of the tunnel! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

There is light at the end of the tunnel! There is light at the end of the tunnel!

Unread 08-13-2015, 06:32 PM
There is light at the end of the tunnel!

i just wanted to let anyone that has been dealing with painful intercourse because of scar tissue after surgery that there is hope. I was told to wait for 6 weeks after surgery but gave it until 8 weeks before trying unsuccessfully. It was too painful to continue. When I saw my Dr I told him what was happening. He said I had scar tissue and may benefit from vaginal dialaters. I looked into it and decided to try it. I found that you buy them in various sizes. They are made out of plastic or glass. You use them daily or every other day. You start with the smallest size that you can handle and gradually work your way up in size until your vagina has stretched enough to handle sex again. I bought a set of glass ones on line that were a set. (X-small, small, medium and large). It was not a comfortable process but , with time and patience, it worked for me. It took me a full 2 months of this ritual to get back to being able to have intercourse again. It was still uncomfortable at first but I was determined. Finally, we are having normal relations again! I just thought maybe someone may benefit from my experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2015, 04:34 PM
Re: There is light at the end of the tunnel!

I'm bumping this one up because this is good information and awesome news.
Unread 08-16-2015, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn Up View Post
I'm bumping this one up because this is good information and awesome news.
Thank you Torn Up. I was wondering how you are doing? It is not a journey I expected to be on but I think if a woman is motivated enough, The outcome can be worth all the trouble. HysterSisters doesn't let me post yet on the threads where ladies are dealing with this issue since my hyster date is less than 6 months ago. But I think this is a problem that is better dealt with sooner than later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2015, 11:22 PM

Currently, I'm not struggling with lack of room. I am, however, struggling with sensitivity near the entrance of the vagina. I've been diagnosed with yeast, which was treated. When the yeast died, the bacteria took over, resulting in bacterial vaginosis. Just finished a round of antibiotics and preventative yeast medicine. Oh, and they found a piece of granulation tissue just dangling from my cuff. They cut that out and biopsied it. (No cancer. Yay. I didn't want to go through that.) As soon as that was snipped out, the back part of my vagina got a lot less sensitive.

Haven't had anything inside since this latest round of treatments. I've been busy. Hoping to test the equipment out soon, though.
Unread 08-19-2015, 08:46 PM

thanks for the info!!! i just had a 4 week checkup and everything went 'WHAT' just at the speculum...and my doc sez no sex till i hit the 12 week mark.

i can imagine that things might be a tad touchy by then....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register