Cleared to run earlier than expected!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > Women Who Run

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cleared to run earlier than expected!!!! Cleared to run earlier than expected!!!!

Unread 09-10-2014, 11:33 AM
Cleared to run earlier than expected!!!!

When my doctor was giving me my discharge instructions at the hospital for my davinci tvh BSO, he mentioned that I would be cleared to start running after my 2 week post op visit. Has anyone started running this soon after their surgery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2014, 02:35 PM
Re: Cleared to run earlier than expected!!!!

I didn't have a davinci TVH and at 2 weeks post op I was still having trouble walking around the house. Every surgery and recovery is different. All the power to you if you are running that soon after your surgery
Unread 09-10-2014, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouidamichelle View Post
When my doctor was giving me my discharge instructions at the hospital for my davinci tvh BSO, he mentioned that I would be cleared to start running after my 2 week post op visit. Has anyone started running this soon after their surgery?
Did you have your cervix removed? With a vaginal cuff that seems really soon... I will be curious to know what your doc says. I have my 2 week appointment next Wednesday... and I plan to ask a LOT of specific Q's about exercise. I expect to get shot down, but we'll see. My doc is pretty conservative, she doesn't even want me walking on the treadmill for fear I will trip and fall and have an accident... but she's OK with me walking outside. I found that interesting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2014, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymtn1971 View Post
Did you have your cervix removed? With a vaginal cuff that seems really soon... I will be curious to know what your doc says. I have my 2 week appointment next Wednesday... and I plan to ask a LOT of specific Q's about exercise. I expect to get shot down, but we'll see. My doc is pretty conservative, she doesn't even want me walking on the treadmill for fear I will trip and fall and have an accident... but she's OK with me walking outside. I found that interesting.
I am not sure I will be ready at two weeks
Unread 09-21-2014, 03:33 PM

Quote:
When my doctor was giving me my discharge instructions at the hospital for my davinci tvh BSO, he mentioned that I would be cleared to start running afteri my 2 week post op visit. Has anyone started running this soon after their surgery?
I was told I could start running a week or two after surgery. I had full hysterectomy laproscoptic. I walked until two weeks after then started run/ walking. I ran almost 7 miles this morning, mind you I am quite a bit slower than I was before surgery. several hours later, though I feel great not tired at all. I ran mostly half and full marathons before fibroids starting causing problems. I go in for my 6 week checkup in a couple of days.
Unread 09-26-2014, 03:05 PM

Quote:
I am not sure I will be ready at two weeks
So what did you decide to do? I just entered Week 4 and I spot just from sitting too long, so I cannot even imagine running.. and I am in pretty good shape.. or was before all this..LOL. It's weird how some docs clear some stuff sooo early, and others (like mine) practically want you on bed rest for 6 weeks. I mean, she's OK with a 30 min walk, but not much beyond that.
Unread 09-26-2014, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymtn1971 View Post
So what did you decide to do? I just entered Week 4 and I spot just from sitting too long, so I cannot even imagine running.. and I am in pretty good shape.. or was before all this..LOL. It's weird how some docs clear some stuff sooo early, and others (like mine) practically want you on bed rest for 6 weeks. I mean, she's OK with a 30 min walk, but not much beyond that.
I am not running yet. Week 3 has been challenging for me.
Unread 09-26-2014, 06:39 PM

yay for all my fellow runners! looking forward to putting this behind me and running with clarity!
rose ann
Unread 10-01-2014, 06:29 PM

I'm 8 weeks post op and I just started running again. I didn't have my first post op appointment until 7.5 weeks after surgery and she cleared me for all exercise. I was walking between 3-4 miles prior to that but I don't think I could have run comfortably before 6 weeks even if I had been cleared. I had laparoscopic, only kept my ovaries. I'm really happy I waited and am easing into it because I feel great afterwards, no pain at all. Best part is I don't have a fibroid squishing into my bladder and making me have to pee with every step.
Unread 11-06-2014, 12:58 PM

I am planning my first run tomorrow and shooting for .25 of a mile and increasing gradually. I am so afraid of consequences. Although my doctor says it will be fine.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register