first shopping outing at 3 weeks | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

first shopping outing at 3 weeks first shopping outing at 3 weeks

Unread 06-13-2009, 02:50 PM
first shopping outing at 3 weeks

Today was my first outing to go shopping at 3 weeks from a TAH. Now I know why my dr. says not to drive. My husband drove, but I was very dizzy and couldn't focus much on stuff in stores, and I love shopping. It was just nice to put real pants on and get out of the house. A little tired now but glad I got out. I bought lots of books!! SO happy my pants fit too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2009, 04:17 PM
Re: first shopping outing at 3 weeks

Congrats, Teach! I just returned from my first "mall" trip. I wasn't sure I was up to it, but boy am I glad I went! My DH bought me a beautiful 1 carat saphire ring. My 50th Bday is Monday - we usually down-play our bdays - so I was caught off guard. I'm sore, tired, but so happy.

I am amazed at how loving and attentive he has been through all of this.
Unread 06-13-2009, 06:30 PM

WOW Sharpie. That was definitely worth the trip!! Happy bday. My husband too has been the absolute best. I am so proud of him. We do say through sickness and in health, but he has gone above and beyond the times I'm sick too. Now thinking of what I can do for him for Father's Day...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2009, 07:18 PM

I know - I have the same concern. I can't just buy a new nighty this year....

He did hint he was looking for some concert DVDs so I'm going to try and pick those up. I am so thankful. We never do "big" gifts, it's not our style. So, the ring blew me away.

How lucky are we to have found "the good ones?!"
Unread 06-13-2009, 07:19 PM

Good for you ladies! Just don't over-do the shopping. Glad to hear all is going well.
Happy birthday, Sharpie!
Unread 06-13-2009, 08:34 PM

Sharpie-where are you in Mass.?? I was born in Lawrence, Mass. I moved to Calif. when I was 6, so don't remember much except for the cold.

I think shopping today was a bit much for me cause tonight my back is really hurting. I am only on Tylenol now too, so I just took some.
Unread 06-13-2009, 08:44 PM

I'm glad you ladies had fun shopping... I'm 9 days post op and had to run to target. My daughters daycare sent a note home saying she needed a swim suit, swim shoes, and towel to stay at daycare. We never go to the pool so I had to go buy some stuff. I hated every minute but I didn't have a choice. I stayed in a wheel chair while my cousin pushed. I was in and out in 10 minutes. That is a record for me. I can't wait to go shopping and actually enjoy it.
Unread 06-14-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoteach23 View Post
Sharpie-where are you in Mass.?? I was born in Lawrence, Mass. I moved to Calif. when I was 6, so don't remember much except for the cold.

I think shopping today was a bit much for me cause tonight my back is really hurting. I am only on Tylenol now too, so I just took some.
I was achy from shopping this morning, too. It was worth it though !

I live in a small town outside of Lowell, so southwest of Lawrence. Yup, it's still cold here (about 65 degrees today, raining, no sun). Where abouts are you in Cali? My dad grew up in Lincoln, outside of Sacramento.
Unread 06-14-2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekitten View Post
I'm glad you ladies had fun shopping... I'm 9 days post op and had to run to target. My daughters daycare sent a note home saying she needed a swim suit, swim shoes, and towel to stay at daycare. We never go to the pool so I had to go buy some stuff. I hated every minute but I didn't have a choice. I stayed in a wheel chair while my cousin pushed. I was in and out in 10 minutes. That is a record for me. I can't wait to go shopping and actually enjoy it.
So glad your cousin took you! How is it going for you now? Are you getting the rest you need? I'm also glad to hear your girls go to daycare - that is going to allow you some rest during the day.

All my best - Sharpie
Unread 06-14-2009, 04:36 PM

Well done and glad you enjoyed it.

I had my first proper shopping trip at 3 weeks, the drizzness stoppped at 2 weeks.

I loved being out and having lost so much weight enjoyed getting some clothes that fitted, but was really shattered for the next couple of days.

Be prepared to have a great day then need to rest for 2, for me it was'nt pain but just total tiredness.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register